Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy causing ninja 8 to crash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy causing ninja 8 to crash?

Hi

First post and I cannot see anything that deals with my particular issues.

I am new to NJ8, about 4 weeks, and have started to create indicators and strategies within ninja 8 script.
    (I have created these in other platforms such as TradeStation so I am not a complete newbie to creating strats and inds.)

I have created a few of these already and there have been nothing unusual happening apart from my lack of programming knowledge within the scripting environment. However, I have one strategy I am just developing that is causing immense frustration as it keeps crashing ninja completely.

I have windows 10 and have tried this code on a windows 7 system without any of the same issues. Even when I code out 90% of my code it may run for a few minutes and then crash. I have also created an exception within my antivirus software in case that is causing a conflict.

I have tried using VS as a debugger but again it crashes without actually showing me where the crash occurred.

I am wondering if there are any potential software conflicts that may be happening and was looking for any help or advice that could point me in a direction.

Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hello fishbed,

Thanks for posting,

From what has been explained I couldn't say that any software may be affecting the platform. Do you happen to have a sample I could try on my end to see if I get the same result? As you noted that this does not occur on windows 7 but does on windows 10, I also use windows 10 so in theory, I should be able to see this as well if it is something with the windows version.

Outside of testing this myself, I could suggest to further comment the code out mainly any logic you have in OnBarUpdate or OnRender. Just make a shell that does nothing basically. Then run this test, if it is able to run longer then you could uncomment the next piece of code and continue etc.

Another approach would be to check that the existing samples all work the period of time needed to crash. if so, create a new empty strategy and gradually move your logic to the new file.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

still crashing

Hi Jesse

Thanks for coming back with this.

I had a strategy sent to me by one of your colleagues an NT doing exactly as you said. It only printed the current bar.

I ran it in the strategy analyser as requested and everything was fine.

When I attached it to a chart and ran it then it caused NT to crash completely.

It is really starting to get on my nerves, but there must be a logical reason.

I am in communication with your support people at the moment and will continue in that direction.

Thanks for your help and if you can think of anything else please let me know.

Regards

Comment

NinjaTrader crashing

Hi Jesse

Everything appears to be working normal at the moment.

I think there may have been a conflict with my Avast Pro Antivirus software.

When I disabled the antivirus everything ran with no problems and is still doing so after 20 minutes. Before I was crashing immediately.

I have restarted my antivirus and everything is still OK I believe the exception I put in the antivirus for NT is now working and the conflict no longer occurs.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this is all there was to it....

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for replying.

I am glad you were able to work out what may be the root cause. If you are still having difficulties after testing please ensure to let us know.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
          95 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post xiinteractive  
          Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes