Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Automate entry via anasupertrendu11 and HiLowActivator indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automate entry via anasupertrendu11 and HiLowActivator indicators

I was just wondering if its possible to create an automated strategy to enter long positions when the anasupertrendu11 is showing an upward trend and the HiLowActivator is showing its new high signal. I don't know anything about C# so I would like to be able to do it in the strategy wizard. Anyone know how to set those conditions? I would appreciate any help no matter how small. Thanks guys

Hello aaronpicard,

Welcome to the forums!

As those indicators are not bundled with NinjaTrader, I am not familiar enough how to create a strategy with those indicators.

That being said, if the those indicators expose data in the form of plots, you will be able to select those plots and use them in the Strategy Builder and the Strategy Wizard.

Setting up a strategy to use logic based off an indicator's output will be relatively similar between implementations. I would suggest to view the Strategy Wizard or Strategy Builder tutorials if you haven't already to learn how to make a strategy using the Builder/Wizard that utilizes a moving average cross over. As moving averages are done through indicators, creating a strategy with the custom indicators will not be that different.

Strategy Wizard 301 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmBiNYsf1e8

Strategy Builder 301 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCyt90GAs9k

If you would like further assistance, please post any screenshots of your attempts to create this strategy in the builder and any confusion on using the Strategy Builder/Wizard that you may have.

Please let me know if I may be of further help.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the response Jim. I watched the videos you sent me and understand how to create a condition when certain values cross. I found how to select the plots in the condition builder for my anasupertrend indicator but I guess I dont' know what to compare it to in order for the condition to trigger. I'm not sure what values would be crossing to create the plot I'm looking for. The only parameters that I see in the indicator itself are "baseline period - 8, offset multiplier - 2.5, offset period - 15". I tried selecting my indicator on the left and selecting the "stop dot" as the plot to look for which indicates an upward trend. I set the comparison in the middle to "==" and tried setting the value on the right to the misc value of "true". I guess I can't do that because I had a message pop up saying so. I just want the condition to trigger when that dot is plotted but i'm not sure what to compare to so that it triggers. I'm sure its something simple I just don't know about but if you have any further info on it I'd appreciate it. Thanks Jim

Looks like I got the anasupertrend to work. I had it trigger when the close of the bar is greater than the stop line posted by the indicator. Now I just need to figure out the HiLowActivator
      Last edited by aaronpicard; 04-28-2017, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Looks like I also got the HiLowActivator indicator working by setting a condition that triggers when the close is higher than the sell line plotted by the indicator. The only problem is its taking every trade in the trend when both conditions are met instead of only the first initial time the close is above the plotted line. Any ideas how to make it only take the first trade in the trend and ignore the rest?

Comment

Hello aaronpicard,

I am glad that you have been able to develop the framework for your strategy using the Builder/Wizard.

Yes, you can certainly filter your entries to take trades when the strategies position is flat or to only allow one trade per day.

I have attached a picture of how you can use the Condition Builder to check if you are in a flat position.

If you would like to control your entries to a certain number per day, I would advise to create ...
          1. A variable to keep track of when you have entered
          2. A condition that checks if this variable has been modified before it triggers your entry order method.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
          Attached Files
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
          16 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Leafcutter  
          Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
          2 responses