Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

orders not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

orders not working

Hi

I have a strategy whereby under certain conditions a
    EnterLongStopMarket(0, true, Quantity, entryPrice, buySignalName);

is positioned so that it is above the market price. Therefore when the price goes up it should hit this order and the OnOrderUpdate() and OnExecutionUpdate() methods are activated.

However, when the rice does reach the entryprice nothing happens. There is no "submit", "Accept", "Working" routine being activated at all and therefore no order is placed or filled.

My strategy parameters are as follows
    Calculate = Calculate.OnEachTick;
    EntriesPerDirection = 2;
    EntryHandling = EntryHandling.UniqueEntries;
    IsExitOnSessionCloseStrategy = true;
    ExitOnSessionCloseSeconds = 30;
    IsFillLimitOnTouch = false;
    MaximumBarsLookBack = MaximumBarsLookBack.Infinite;
    OrderFillResolution = OrderFillResolution.Standard;
    Slippage = 0;
    StartBehavior = StartBehavior.ImmediatelySubmit; (was WaitUntilFlat but trying anything)
    TimeInForce = TimeInForce.Gtc;
    TraceOrders = false;
    RealtimeErrorHandling = RealtimeErrorHandling.StopCancelClose;
    StopTargetHandling = StopTargetHandling.PerEntryExecution;
    BarsRequiredToTrade = 20;

It is almost like the events are not being activated, even when I set it to a market order...

This has now been driving me mad for a while so any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hello fishbed,

So that I may have a more complete picture of what is happening on your end, would it be possible to use the freely and publicly available screen capture software Jing, https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html , or a similar program which can record video of what is happening on your screen, so that you can show me what is occurring on your end? These quick instructions can get you started with Jing.

1. When you start Jing, a yellow half circle will appear near the top of your screen. Please hover over it with your mouse
    2. A small + sign will extend out of this half circle. Please click on it
    3. When your cursor becomes two intersecting lines, please click and drag your mouse over an area of your screen you would like to record
    4. Please press the film strip button that appears to begin recording
    5. When you are finished recording, please press the square stop button that appears
    6. Please press the share button that appears. It consists of three vertical upward pointing arrows.

You will then have the option to view your video on screencast.com . This is the link which can help me diagnose what is happening on your end. It is possible you will need to set up a free account in order to share videos.

Thank you very much in advance for providing us with this information. If this procedure is not an option for you, or if there are any other questions we can answer, please let us know.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

We understand your time is valuable. The reasoning behind asking for a video is that a long stop below the current market price should fill immediately. You mentioned the price moving upward and meeting your stop market price; the price should not have an opportunity to move at all before this order is hit. A Limit or MIT order is the type of order that works for the situation you are describing. The order you are describing should instead instantly turn into an ordinary market order.

I was not able to see quite the same thing you were seeing due to the above. In lieu of asking for more information or attempting to discover what is happening on your end, I suggest you use Limit or MIT orders rather than Stop Market orders to resolve your query.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
      Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
      172 responses
      0 likes