Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to use swing highs or lows as entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use swing highs or lows as entries

I am currently developing a divergence strategy but I am having trouble with the entry. For my entry I would like to use the previous swing high or low depending on whether the rest or the code indicates a buy or sell signal.

Hello Belotime,

Welcome to the forums!

We have received your inquiries via email. While that kind of assistance with programming logic escapes what we offer for our clients, you are welcome to asking on the forums if another user may wish to provide further assistance.

In the future, if you want to send a question our way, you can do so either through email or the support forums. All we would ask is that you keep one thread or email per inquiry.

Thanks, and good luck designing your code!

If you have any specific questions regarding NinjaScripts or how to use them, please feel free to open a new thread or write in by email.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would never recommend using divergence as a Trade signal , only as an indication of Strength or Weakness in the market. That said, Look to the pivots you are using for the divergence, when is the last pivot confirmed ? What is the confirming signal ? That maybe the point at which your code looks at your other indicators for a Buy/Sell

Comment

I have an indicator that has a signal for buy or sell divergence. For my entry I am looking to use the high or low in between the two divergence points, I am having trouble coding this. For my stop I am using the high or low of the second peak or low in the two divergence points. For my target I am using the distance between the entry and the stop. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

In Order to code a strategy you have to have a very clear picture in your mind and a rock solid set of
          rules to program. Here is a picture that might help of how I Manually might take a trade after a setup with divergence. Note I am not directly trading the divergence but the confirmation of the top after it occurred along with the further indication by the break. See attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

I have a very clear​ image of what I want to code, would an illustration help you?

Comment

It's not going to help me. You said you were having trouble coding the entry. I was just walking you through the way I start my coding process which is visually to develop the rules. If you see the conditions you need for your entries, then what is the problem? If it is the actual coding I would refer you to the NinjaTrader BUY/SELL Examples and start coding something simpler and work up to your divergence code.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post LawrenHom  
              Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes