Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Partial fills and slippage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partial fills and slippage.

In my strategy i break up my position into multiple stop entries. This was recommended by my broker as they said smaller position entries will result in less slippage. As when you enter a single large position it could put you into the next tier and you will only get your position at a slipped price compared to the current price.

My question relates to what i've seen in ninjatrader in my strategy when i enter a position is that sometimes ninjatrader will break a position up several times itself. So for example if the position size is 300,000 it could fill the whole position at once or it could fill it three times at 100,000 each. Why does ninjatrader do this? Is it to get the best position price for your entry?

I'm asking this because I want to know is there any benefit to breaking up my position entry into multiple stop entry orders to minimize slippage or will ninajtrader breakup the position anyway to enter the market at the best possible price to be slipped as little as possible?

Thanks

Hello marcus99,

This is called a part fill. This is caused when on the exchange there is not enough volume to fully fill your order. Instead the amount available will be filled leaving the order part filled.

I would recommend contacting your broker and asking about part fills and why and how they happen.

When a part fill occurs NinjaTrader processes these as separate orders so that the account performance can be calculated.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
    117 responses
    1 like
    Last Post jculp
    by jculp

Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
    5 responses