Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader 8 and Access DB

Hello

I need to share data from the same strategy running on different charts each with different instruments. I would like to do this by storing and retrieving the data from an access database.

When attempting to use System.Data in ninja 8, I notice its not there. I then right click on the ninja script editor and select references. A dialog box shows the applied references and an option to add another.

Unfortunately I do not know the name of the DLL file that holds the System.Data and System.Data.OleDB namespace so that I can add the appropriate reference.

Could anyone out there enlighten me as to which DLL and its location would include the Microsoft namespace of System.Data and System.Data.OleDb

Hello jeliner,

As a heads up, connecting to a database of any type is not supported by NinjaTrader Support for NinjaTrader 7 or for NinjaTrader 8 and this is not something we are able to assist with.

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to assist.

That said, NinjaTrader 7 is written in .NET 3.5 and NinjaTrader 8 is written in .NET 4.5. When adding a reference to the System.Data.dll (or desired dll) for the proper .NET version this should allow for access to databases.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...v=vs.110).aspx
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...55502#poststop
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by vantojo, Today, 06:46 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jim  
    Started by sidlercom80, Today, 02:40 AM