Time Shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Shift

I am just playing with SIM NT version and am pleased every time I found&fully understand every new feature this wonderful state-of-art and razor-blade trading weaponoffer toa new prospective futures samurai warrior
    There is a minor feature I didn't found in NT yet but highly would appreciate: to have possibility to set Time Shift (in hours) with regard to time difference between local and exchange time zones. I am living in a place having time zone +6 hours from EST resp. EDT. I have on my PCs as system time the local one, of course But when in trading - I prefer to see&think in exchange time. My favorite charting SW Amibroker has this little but pretty feature. Hope my suggestion will be accepted by NT developer. Svata

imported post

Thanks for your suggestion. Will include on our list of futures features to consider for implementation.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Request for displayed time adjustment on x-axis

I have to say that I am really suprised to find that NT doesnt have the possibility of adjusting time (+/-) on the x-axis.

The thing is, when one is joining in with others in chat rooms, etc, it makes it very difficult to easily go to the same places on charts that are being discussed.

I would be most grateful if you could implement a (+/-) UTC adjustment option.

Best,
      Simon
      Last edited by jksimes; 08-18-2007, 02:38 AM. Reason: adding post subject

Comment

And an easy date reference on the x-axis / copying across the default.xxx!!

Guys!

I'm ex-Microsoft UK myself, and I was fortunate enough to work with programmers who have rights to alter windows code without oversight...

Don't worry, you can just humour me, I'm just laying out my credentials (however phoney & shallow they might seem...) to attempt to give my feedback a bit more oomph...

Guys, NT is obviously a great piece of code, but having recently arrived at at your principality, I can't believe that you have overlooked (up until now) incorporating such seemingly little details as UTC +/- adjustment, date on the timeline (when cross hairs are activated), workspaces & tabs... (I mean are users expected to go through the process of setting up whole new chart setups everytime they want to reference a different setup (apart from that is, shutting down and copying back in another default.xxx file).

Have we got to have the data window open to see what date we are on when scanning through the chart!

I mean seriously, these feature being left out make the product brilliant -- but in the final analysis, a half baked offering. I'm sorry to say. I just don't think a product missing these basic features should really be asking 1400 dollars for outright ownership. The two don't go together. 1400 dollars is for a piece of software that is in a mature stage of development, not where you have to shut it down and copy across a default.xxx file, or fiddle around with windows time settings...!

lol...

Please forgive me, I am teasing in part... It's not that I am trying to say that you should lower the price - the price is fine in my view - just that there should be at least the kind of functionality I have referenced -- without question.

However, I realise from reading in the forum that you've got them on the wish list -- but please do think about making these basic usability issues a top priority for the next release. Really, they are more important than any other new fancy features...

Best,
        Simon

Comment

Instrument Trading Hours

Is it possible to store Trading Hours as a property of the exchange and with an override as a property of the instrument?
          I'm using MTPredictor RT with NinjaTrader.

I know these must match between Analyser and Chart templates.
          I trade several exchanges and their hours are different depending upon the instrument.
          Some are (UK time) 06:30 - 22:00 or 15:10 - 19:00, some have two trading periods per day as in WHEAT 06:30 - 12:00 ; 15:30 -19:15.
          I should not have to reset this every time I open a chart on a different exchange.
          Or can I set all to 0:00 (24 hours)?

Comment

You can configure session begin/end per chart or per market analyzer form. Unfortunately NT does not support session begin/end per exchange.

Comment

Session Times

I suppose this will be less of an issue when you release the feature to save the entire desktop.
              But perhaps you could add this as a feature request.
              To be able to set session times by Exchange, by Instrument and by Chart Template. Not sure how you would deal with those instruments which have more than one session per day on the same exchange.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion, this is on our list of possible future enhancements.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Time zones

It would be nice to have this feature added: to be able to use exchange time instead of PC time. I having problems too, especially in periods like this when in Europe we already have daylight saving time and in the US you will have it next week.

It would be more usuful to have the option of always using the exchange time.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Kaledus
                    by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes