Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Feature Request: ATM Strategy Custom Parameter Type - Percentage of Account Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request: ATM Strategy Custom Parameter Type - Percentage of Account Size

At ATM Strategy > Custom > Parameter type, the parameters are Currency, Percent (of average entry price), Price, Ticks, and Pips. I think stop values (acceptable risk) are usually considered or calculated as a percentage of account size, but Percent of Account Size is not a stop loss parameter option. As it is now to establish a stop loss value after a percent of account size calculation, that value must be further converted into ticks or pips (for specific markets), or left as currency, but in any case that value must be updated as account size changes. It would be a lot easier if Percent of Account Size was a stop loss parameter type, leaving the conversion calculation and updating to NinjaTrader.

Hello Lancer,

Thank you for your post.

I have submitted a request on your behalf regarding the percent account parameter mode.

The ID for this request is SFT-3381. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. If implemented, this would also list in the NinjaTrader Help Guide release notes along with all updates upon release (Help > Help > Release Notes).

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Four years later, and no solution for this so far !!! :-( What's the matter, Ninjatrader Service !?? We all know, brokers aren't interested in implementing this. Ok, okay! But we all also know, if you don't implement this soon, ... Tradingview becomes better every month, especially for new customers, don't you see that? Many more brokers, many more tools... They even have an App, which you don't have.
      Please do your community the favor and push this forward, finally!! EVERY professional misses this feature, since years !!!

Comment

Hello benjit379,

Thank you for your reply.

I have added a vote on your behalf to SFT-3381.

We in the Support Department don't have decision making power as to what eventually will be added to the platform. However, I will pass your comments on to the development team.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Kate,

thank you so much for your efforts, also on this topic!! I really appreciate that.
          It feels good (for me as a NT customer) that someone like you is in the Support Department.
          If there are any news I hope to get it.

Thank you,

Ben

Comment

Vote for SFT-3381

It's incredible that this is not a default for trading applications.
            It's almost like they want people to lose money.

Comment

Hello ab9361,

Thanks for your notes.

Your vote has been added to this feature request.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
              Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
              8 responses
              0 likes