Collapse

Window containers / window docking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we get this done please? The windows at least need to dock to each other. This is not a good user experience having to pick every window to bring to the front, not to mention adjusting widths by 1 or 2 pixels every time I open the software because for some reason it doesn't restore exactly like I saved it.

Comment

Originally posted by arabisoft View Post
      ...pick every window to bring to the front...
      If you're starting from all NinjaTrader windows being minimized, then there is a Windows feature you can use to restore all windows in any program:
      • With NinjaTrader open, hover over the NinjaTrader icon on your Windows task bar
      • Shift+right-click on the icon
      • Choose 'restore all windows'
      If you want some windows to remain on top of others permanently, you can right-click on that window and choose 'Always on top'

Comment

Trade Ideas figured it out, I know you guys can too!
        Docking is badly needed and way overdue.

Comment

I'm trying Ninjatrader again after having not used it for a year, and windows docking is STILL not possible! Unbelievable that such a simple but essential feature has not yet been implemented. People have been asking for it for many years. Why can't you folks get this done?

Comment

DudleyDoright,

Thanks for posting and I appreciate your feedback on the matter. This feature request has not been implemented at this time, and I'm sorry to hear of your frustration on the matter. In earlier posts in the thread you can find some further information on the feature request process, however. As a reminder, this is something that may be possible through custom programming. We also have reports of some users having success using Divvy for window management. More information at the below publicly available link:
            Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see from the NT assemblies that you're using Infragistics Control Library. This has a built-in Dock Manager Component : https://www.infragistics.com/product...s/dock-manager

Is it really that difficult to implement docking windows?

Comment

Hello tcdouglas,

At this time that is not a feature that development has added, you would need to use external software to manage the windows in a different way. I see that we have added your votes for the feature requests already so that would be all that we could do at this time.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I want to add my warmfelt vote to this feature, should it ever be implemented.

Comment

Hello Gianpiero,

Thank you for your vote. I've added this to SFT-2440.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
                    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post mattbsea  
                    Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes