Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback on new Forums

I love the new forums, but have some feedback I want to share

- There's no link in the menu bar for getting back to the main forums list, I realized after a while that I could get there by the breadcrumb trail but it wasn't immediately obvious, a new menu item would be good (see attached)
    - The headers on the Threads are too high and there's a lot of wasted space, it would be much tidier if these were moved down (see attached)
    - When you hit submit after writing a new thread, it takes you back to the blank new thread form. It would be better if it took you to the thread itself so you can see it posted.
    - My new threads don't seem to go into my "Subscriptions" list but they are going into my recent posts lists, new threads should be subscribed to automatically
    - Notifications disappear forever once the notifications list is opened. It would be better to highlight new notifications, but show old ones (non-highlighted) as well. What if I look at my notifications briefly, but decide to look in more detail later as I don't have time? Can't because they're gone!

Hello kevinenergy,

Thank you for your post and feedback. I will forward your notes to our teams to look into further.

Thank you for your use of NinjaTrader, let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I can't find the option to view new posts since last...
      Handy option which works differently than Latest Activity.
      eDanny
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
        I can't find the option to view new posts since last...
        Handy option which works differently than Latest Activity.
        If you click on the drop down arrow in the right side of the search field a the top right of the forum page, you should see 'Advanced Search'. Click on Advanced Search, then enable 'Last visit' in the search options (and any other criteria you prefer) then search.

Comment

Thanks Patrick..
          eDanny

Comment

How can I make that a default setting and how to not show all of the individual posts in the same thread since the last visit? In other words, how do we set the forum up to work like the old version?
            Last edited by eDanny; 10-24-2018, 12:33 PM.
            eDanny

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
              How can I make that a default setting and how to not show all of the individual posts in the same thread since the last visit? In other words, how do we set the forum up to work like the old version?
              There would be no changes that could be made without reverting version of the fundamental forum framework. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any user-specific settings to make it analogous to the older version either.

Comment

Gotta love progress. Just like the standard winforms splitbutton control being removed from WPF. We don't need those easier to use archaic things anyway!
                eDanny

Comment

Hey guys. I just wanted to put my 2-cents in here since I was a bit concerned when the changes started. My critique was way too premature. I am really liking these updates and the layout for the user submitted add-ons or indicator shares is great. Good job all around. Also I really appreciate all of the NT support people. You guys have always been fantastic and I know you are swamped pretty much all the time. Great job. Thanks for all your hard work.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post funk10101  
                  Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                  11 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jeronymite