Trade Performance / filtering : Scrolling issues in NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade Performance / filtering : Scrolling issues in NT8

This might sound like a trivial thing but it is one of those things that is kind of annoying because people that encounter it will encounter it often.

If you go to Trade Performance

1. filter
    2. unclick Instruments

now let's say the goal here is to view performance of an individual contract

the user is a mouse user and he uses his mouse to scroll down

and he ends up at the bottom

realizing he has overshot the contract, he tries to scroll back up with his mouse

but .. no luck... he then figures out he has to navigate with the arrow keys or click the up arrow on the scrollbar to be able to hunt for the individual contract he wants to select.

This is annoying because I think it is a very common practice for users to view trade performance and to filter.

The problem here is simple, the mouse is paging up and down, not scrolling the way you would normally expect scrolling in a list to work.

So the request is to change from pagination on mouse scroll to regular "item" scrolling.

thanks

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thanks for the note.

It sounds like your mouse is set to scroll by pages in Windows. Press the Windows key on your keyboard then type "mouse" and go to the "Change your mouse settings". Might need to edit the number of lines your mouse scrolls on eack tick of the scroll wheel.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes it is set to a very modest 3 lines, which is normal for mice and windows these days.

However you can see the issue is with NT8

do this:

go to insrtuments, select the first instrument (CFD).. press the down arrow key once..

voila you are on the next page

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thanks for the reply.

I am not getting the same behavior. In your mouse settings, is "Roll the mouse wheel to scroll" set to "Multiple lines at a time" or "One Screen at a time"?

I might need to check your system myself. If that is OK, please send an email to [email protected] and paste the link to this forum thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

might be because , if you use my keyboard example, it skips over greyed out items like CFDs, Forex, Index and Stocks - if we add Futures then that is the first page of items (so only Futures for me actually has any data)

I guess it is too complicated to change this behaviour now that I've noticed this

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thanks for the reply.

I do see the same functionality. The Instrument selector list will scroll by page. A feature request has been submitted to see about changing this. Note that you can also adjust the size of that list by clicking/dragging the bottom.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
            Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
            4 responses