Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong Versions of Submitted Custom Indicator

Hi.

I can see that some indicators were migrated. I assume the migration is not complete, but I can see one of my indicators (A mahToolBar) that was migrated is an old version that was re-submitted with a new version incorporating (mahToolBar3) new tools from the NT 8.0.15.1. Please remove the old file and post the latest that I had submitted that had over 1500 downloads prior to migration.
    How does one update or edit an older add-on.

A few notes regrading migration:

1. It would be more useful to members if these custom stuff (not the third party's) are in the forum's file sharing area as before under "User App Submissions." Members' custom add-ons contribute substantially to the forum traffic and are the reason behind Ninja's popularity. Note that a third party website forum succeeded to attract over 110,000 paying members by just publishing member's developed free Ninja indicators (perhaps you know that site since Ray is a frequent member there).

2.Currently, there is no easy link to where these custom stuff are located, no link whatsoever, a very convoluted way to find them from the forum page or even the NinjaTrader page. Even when you find the "Personalize Your Platform", it says nothing about or has no link to custom add-ons. The EccoSystem is designed to benefit third parties not your customer.

3. There is no way a submission can be edited or updated.

Thanks for the feedback. I've forwarded this to the appropriate internal team and we'll have a meaningful answer for you soon.

In the meantime, could you go into more detail about what is missing that you developed which you can't currently find? I found the a MahToolBar you're referring to here. What others seems to be missing or incorrect?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Thanks for the feedback. I've forwarded this to the appropriate internal team and we'll have a meaningful answer for you soon.

In the meantime, could you go into more detail about what is missing that you developed which you can't currently find? I found the a MahToolBar you're referring to here. What others seems to be missing or incorrect?
      Thanks Patrick,

The migrated MahToolBar indicator is an old version that was posted months ago. Description of the indicator is from an update that I posted recently, as you can see in the following link:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...lbar-version-3

Apparently, the old files for indicator and screen shot have been migrated. The file mahToolBar3 is the correct file and the screen shot in the above link is the correct screen shot. Both of these incorporated the new tools for the order flow, etc. These need to replace what has been migrated.

Also, I just noticed that new buttons were added today to the main Forum for EccoSystem and App Sharing, that is nice.

There is also a User File Sharing section in main forum. a couple of questions please.

Is that the place for custom add-on submissions?
      Does the new user app sharing have any provisions for editing or updating submissions. How do I edit and update an indicator that I have submitted before?

Many thanks.
      Last edited by aligator; 10-25-2018, 06:41 PM.

Comment

There is also a User File Sharing section in main forum. a couple of questions please:
        • Is that the place for custom add-on submissions? Yes
        • Does the new user app sharing have any provisions for editing or updating submissions. How do I edit and update an indicator that I have submitted before? To update a previously submitted add-on, please submit the new version as a new user app referencing "Update" or "New Version" in the title. The associated download and any additional image or description modification will be made to the active listing. The update request must be sent from the User ID that originally submitted the add-on.

Comment

There is also a User File Sharing section in main forum. a couple of questions please:
          • Is that the place for custom add-on submissions? Yes
          • Does the new user app sharing have any provisions for editing or updating submissions. How do I edit and update an indicator that I have submitted before? To update a previously submitted add-on, please submit the new version as a new user app referencing "Update" or "New Version" in the title. The associated download and any additional image or description modification will be made to the active listing. The update request must be sent from the User ID that originally submitted the add-on.
          Hi Patrick,,

It seems confusing. In the old forum the original author could click on an "Edit" link and submit changes to attached files and description, etc.

How submitting through "new user app" is recognized as an update for certain previous submission by simply Referencing "Update" or "New Version" in the title? How the update is recognized and performed. It is done manually by the Support or is automatically done when by submitting through new user app.

Thanks.

Comment

The Marketing Team processes these updates manually.

Comment

The Marketing Team processes these updates manually.
              Thanks.

Seems like it would be much easier and less waste of resources if the originator can directly do the updates as was done in the old forum. Perhaps a recommendation for improvement.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I do not expect the process will change - the current process was implemented for various reasons. However, I'll forward your feedback to the appropriate team.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                167 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jeronymite  
                Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred