Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Volumetric bars for people who drive on the left side of the road ;-) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volumetric bars for people who drive on the left side of the road ;-) ?

Firstly, I'd like to say thank you for making an effort in producing a usable set of volumetric bars/orderflow indicators. It's still early days and I have not thoroughly tried them to give some decent feedback.
    However, I have noticed one thing lacking in all 'footprint' types and that is being able to place the buy orders on the left and sell orders on the right. I couldn't work out for a while why I couldn't relate to the current ask-bid plots but I came to the conclusion one day that I live in a British Commonwealth country and I drive on the left side of the road! It makes sense to plot my bids (going up) on the left. Thus I made my own footprints 2 years ago to reflect this need. I simply swapped the values/colors of the plots and added a Boolean to the UI as an option.

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Sim22; 10-29-2018, 08:05 PM.

Originally posted by Sim22 View Post
    Firstly, I'd like to say thank you for making an effort in producing a usable set of volumetric bars/orderflow indicators. It's still early days and I have not thoroughly tried them to give some decent feedback.
    However, I have noticed one thing lacking in all 'footprint' types and that is being able to place the bids on the left and asks on the right. I couldn't work out for a while why I couldn't relate to the current ask-bid plots but I came to the conclusion one day that I live in a British Commonwealth country and I drive on the left side of the road! It makes sense to plot my bids (going up) on the left. Thus I made my own footprints 2 years ago to reflect this need. I simply swapped the values/colors of the plots and added a Boolean to the UI as an option.

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you.
    What's really unorthodox for the volumetric bars design is that both bid and ask columns are on the right side of the candle bar. This is really unusual and not intuitive to look at and not seeing a balanced picture. The logical design should be similar to the current super dome with buys and sells on the left and right side of the price, respectively.

It is beyond logical as to why Ninja decided to code both ask and bid on the same side of the candle for volumetric bars. I brought up this before and the answer was something like that is how we design it. I can't imagine it is a huge task, as you noted, to separate these 2 columns to both sides or the price bar.

Running out of cents.

Comment

Hello Sim22, Aligator,

Thank you for your feedback, I can certainly forward a note to our development team regarding control of the bar location so interest in this is tracked for future feature consideration.

The ID for this request is SFT-2956. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. If implemented, this would also list in the NinjaTrader Help Guide release notes along with all updates upon release (Help > Help > Release Notes).

Let us know if we may assist further.

Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here is anther request here (vote).

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
          Hello Sim22, Aligator,

Thank you for your feedback, I can certainly forward a note to our development team regarding control of the bar location so interest in this is tracked for future feature consideration.

The ID for this request is SFT-2956. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. If implemented, this would also list in the NinjaTrader Help Guide release notes along with all updates upon release (Help > Help > Release Notes).

Let us know if we may assist further.
          Eric, thank you, but you did just mention the bar location. Please do not forget my original request/suggestion and that was to allow swapping of the buys/sells columns.

Comment

Sorry for the oversight, I will ensure this is also noted as well with the requests.
            Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
            19 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Radano
            by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
            0 responses