Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Fness2020,

Thank you for your reply.

I have added a vote for you to SFT-2212 as well.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was very surprised when I learned you could do things in ATM that you could not do in the Strategy Builder. It seems so obvious.. Included my vote on SFT-2212.

Comment

hello,

Looking for best way to place a stop buy or stop sale with lets say 10 ticks stop loss below or above. the issue is that I would like for every 5 ticks progress with my direction the stop loss will be adjusted by 5 ticks too. Currently Im able to place only market order with stop loss that doesn't progress. thoughts?

Comment

Hello,

I have added your votes for an easy Auto Breakeven function for the Strategy Builder.

Similar to programming NinjaScript strategies by hand, logic must be designed to have the strategy place an initial stop loss and describe how the stop loss should be moved. I have attached and example that shows how you can move a stop market order (which is used for the stop loss) to several different levels. Please note that this requires another bar to be formed so the logic can be processed and move the stop to a new level.

A more robust approach for moving the stop loss for breakeven/autotrail would be done with unlocked code following the example here - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...of_stop_lo.htm

We look forward to assisting.
          Attached Files
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
            Hello,

I have added your votes for an easy Auto Breakeven function for the Strategy Builder.

Similar to programming NinjaScript strategies by hand, logic must be designed to have the strategy place an initial stop loss and describe how the stop loss should be moved. I have attached and example that shows how you can move a stop market order (which is used for the stop loss) to several different levels. Please note that this requires another bar to be formed so the logic can be processed and move the stop to a new level.

A more robust approach for moving the stop loss for breakeven/autotrail would be done with unlocked code following the example here - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...of_stop_lo.htm

Jim,

Excuse my lack of coding knowledge.. But I'm learning as I go.. I've been known to ask some stupid questions so bear with me..
            I'm trying to understand the file you posted.." MultiStepBreakevenStrategyBuilder".. I have a hard time understanding what each line of code is doing in each tab.. I looked for comments when I viewed the code itself but there were none.. I see there are six tabs just for the Longs.. I assume the six tabs would be duplicated and the logic would be reversed for the Shorts.. Correct..?
            what would the User inputs be..? I see the 10 ticks for the profit.. What would be the 20 ticks for..? I'm too used to using a Target and Stop for my strategies anything else is somewhat confusing..

Thanks Michael

Comment

Hello Mykro,

When submitting orders in Conditions and Actions, the order method must be called with each bar update to keep the order alive. The strategy does this by using logic to set a "StopLossMode." As "StopLossMode" changes in the script's logic, the strategy will place the stop loss order at different levels.

There are no user defined inputs in the strategy. I may suggest following the Strategy Builder 301 course to get more familiar with this tool and how User Defined Inputs can be added to a strategy. Once the User defined Input is created, you can reference it when specifying the distance for stop loss. For example, you can use ExitLongStopMarket, set the Stop Price to be associated with Strategy > Average Position price, and then use an Offset of Ticks and use the User Defined Input for the offset.

The strategy is an example for long positions. I may suggest creating a new version of the strategy and set it up for Short trades instead of Long trades. Once you have that working you can consider combining the logic in a larger strategy. You would then have to ensure that proper market position comparisons are made to keep the Long logic separate from the Short logic.

Market Position Comparisons - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ionComparisons

If the logic portion is too difficult, you may also consider enlisting the services of a NinjaScript Consultant to have the strategy built for you. If that is something that interests you, please let us know and we can have a representative of our EcoSystem follow up with more information.

Comment

Please add my vote for SF-2212, Also where can I find information on how to add this auto breakeven script to an existing strategy built with the strategy builder. Thanks!

Comment

Hello JDCrossesover,

I have added your vote.

You will need to understand how the logic works and build the same logic in your strategy. The strategy can be imported (Control Center > Tools > Import > NinjaScript AddOn) and viewed in the Strategy Builder to view the logic.

You can add prints to watch the logic execute and to better understand how conditions get evaluated.

Using Debugging Prints in the Strategy Builder - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mTq...w?usp=drivesdk

Comment

Hi,
                    please add my vote to strategy builder breakeven function. Thanks!

Comment

please add my vote also for break-even function in strategy builder

Comment

Jim,

i would like to update my vote and say you should be able to use in strategy builder what you can use in the ATM for managing your trades.

Comment

Hello Simon,

Thanks for your feedback. I have added your vote.

Balage0922, I have added your vote as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                            Hello 123r34,

I am happy to submit a feature request on your behalf for the NinjaTrader Development to consider this for a future version of NinjaTrader. Please let me know if you would like to do this.

NinjaScript Strategies are meant to have the behavior customized by the logic of the programmer including any trailing or breakeven movements.

Attached are two examples of a breakeven movement and a trailing action created with the Strategy Builder.
                            Hi,
                            in the Beakeven example i dont see a profit target. how builder set the target i want?

Comment

Welcome to the forums Santillana1971!

Please see the Strategy Builder 301 tutorial for an introduction to using the Strategy Builder. I recommend starting here before diving into building a strategy and to reference our example conditions and actions so it is clear how this tool can be used.

Targets can be added in the Stops and Targets screen.

Strategy Builder 301 (publicly available) — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KQF2Sv27oE

Conditions examples —https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...on_builder.htm

Actions examples — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...us/actions.htm

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                                Hello 123r34,

I am happy to submit a feature request on your behalf for the NinjaTrader Development to consider this for a future version of NinjaTrader. Please let me know if you would like to do this.

NinjaScript Strategies are meant to have the behavior customized by the logic of the programmer including any trailing or breakeven movements.

Attached are two examples of a breakeven movement and a trailing action created with the Strategy Builder.
                                Hello,
                                the Breakeven example was made for long tardes. the logic works in the same way to short trades? i mean, i just must change EnterLong to Enter Short? the Breakeven and inicial distance parameters remains equal?

thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                                Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes