Request Breakeven Functions in Strategy Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello
    thnks for your response. now the logic set the stop order once a trade is open. what is not working seens be the brekeven. a few tick after i´m at the market, the trade closes and shows always the same error massage.

i hope you can help me.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Santillana1971, thanks for your reply.

You must set up two sets of trigger and stop prices. So keep the StopPrice and TriggerPrice variables, and make two more variables to use with your short orders.

We have tutorials on the condition builder here, if you would like to practice more with the builder as well (includes working with user inputs and variables):

Kind regards.
      Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

When using examples like the BreakEvenBuidler you always end up trading with no stop loss until the close of the entry bar. Is there anyway to work around this. Post the first bar everything works perfectly as you have a stop.

thank you

Comment

Hello Boesdude, thanks for your post.

The samples come "as is". We can not make any modifications to existing examples. You could change the strategy to work on every tick instead of the bar close, this would submit the stop loss sooner.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?calculate.htm - Calculate Property

Please let me know if I can assist any further.

Comment

Hi. Can someone help me add a breakeven to this strategy? I been trying to do it on my own for a long time but I keep running into errors. All help will be greatly appreciated!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
              Hello 123r34,

I am happy to submit a feature request on your behalf for the NinjaTrader Development to consider this for a future version of NinjaTrader. Please let me know if you would like to do this.

NinjaScript Strategies are meant to have the behavior customized by the logic of the programmer including any trailing or breakeven movements.

Attached are two examples of a breakeven movement and a trailing action created with the Strategy Builder.

(Update August 5th, 2020 - changed the CurrentTriggerPrice and CurrentStopPrice variables to doubles)
              Quick check about this code. First, the logic makes sense. But this is just the LONG example. We'd have to code the opposite for the SHORTs. Is that accurate?

Comment

Hello nduckste, thanks for your post.

This is correct. The original example will only perform long entries.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
                  Hello nduckste, thanks for your post.

This is correct. The original example will only perform long entries.
                  Thanks Chris. So that's the managed approach.

But rather than reinvent the wheel, I've already got the ATM strategy created that I want for Targets, Stop Loss, and Break Even. Is there an example of how to use the AtmStrategyCreate() method on a strategy? I can implement the "Sample ATM Strategy" in the Strageties tab from control center, but have no way to view the code in the StrategyBuilder? Is there another way to view that code or a video on how it was built?

Thanks,

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by nduckste View Post

Thanks Chris. So that's the managed approach.

But rather than reinvent the wheel, I've already got the ATM strategy created that I want for Targets, Stop Loss, and Break Even. Is there an example of how to use the AtmStrategyCreate() method on a strategy? I can implement the "Sample ATM Strategy" in the Strageties tab from control center, but have no way to view the code in the StrategyBuilder? Is there another way to view that code or a video on how it was built?

Thanks,

Nick
                    Never mind. I figured this out. Just have to go in an view the code from the Ninja Script Editor. Newbie post :-)

Comment

More than 3 years since the request guys. Please understand this is a trading's basic order.

Please add my vote for this feature request ID #SFT-2212

Thanks!

Comment

We can't watch the video anymore because adobe got rid of flash. Do you have any other forms of the video?

Comment

Hello Cubanaso24, thanks for your post.

I can't find a flash video in this thread, they are all google drive links which should still play.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChrisL I am looking for help on how to add a breakeven to my strategy when the instrument is 20 ticks above my inital position. Can you help me? Below is the code to the strategy. If you need to change the stop loss to ticks to add a breakeven then please do. Any help is greatly appreciated. The second document has the strategy where I tried to add a breakeven but it doesn't execute trades now and I can't figure out why so if you have code that works for my strategy or is better I would appreciate you helping me.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Cubanaso24,

Please start a new forum thread and we will assist on the new thread.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello, this is still the same thread. To make a new post, go to the main forum page, scroll down to NinjaTrader 8> Strategy Development>click "New Topic" to start a new forum thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by tkaboris, Today, 08:01 AM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post tkaboris  
                                Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                                1 response