Complaint about Forum - Search Delay & Incorrect sorting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complaint about Forum - Search Delay & Incorrect sorting

I want to make a complaint about the Forum search delay. This is an absolutely ridiculous constraint to have on any modern website!! Why is this necessary? Have we all been teleported back in time to the year 1999?

It is even more frustrating, because the "Recent Posts" page opens up with incorrect sorting as you can see in the attached screenshot.... Despite having "Last Update - Descending" selected in the dropdown menu, The page is actually not sorted in this way when it first opens.

The only way to get the page sorted correctly is to wait 15 seconds for the search delay to timeout, then choose another sort option, then wait another 15 seconds and then flip it back to "Last Update -Descending". What's worse is if you push the back button after waiting for 15 seconds on the "wait page" then the back button counts as a new search so the clock gets reset and you still can't get to where you want to be.

Very frustrating.

Thanks for the feedback.The 'Recent Posts' feed can certainly behave a bit more as we would expect, and the search delay can be inconvenient. I've passed this onto the appropriate teams for review.

Comment

Thanks Patrick, I'm glad you agree - thank you for passing on the feedback.

By the way, I discovered that you can just count down the 15 seconds and then push "refresh" in the browser to get to the search results you need.... going back and forward takes another 30 seconds of delays due to triggering new searches.

Furthermore, once you finally get the "Recent posts" correctly sorted by last update you can add the link to your bookmarks bar on the browser. If you open the page via the bookmark it will be sorted properly first time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Haiasi, Today, 06:53 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred