NT needs Bitcoin trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT needs Bitcoin trading

I recently upgraded to a multi-broker license and I noticed that Coinbase was now an available connection.

As an avid Bitcoin trader, this really excited me. Now I would be able to use the Superdom and ATM for trades for executing crypto trades.

Well lo and behold it turned out NT’s Coinbase support only extended to historical charts which can’t be traded at all.

I am a trader, I bought Ninjatrader to make money which it goes without saying can’t be done with untradeabke instruments.

The question arises, why even offer a connection to Coinbase data when as traders who have have paid good money for your software (in my case I’ve spent over $1300) we can’t even partiticipate?

It boggles the mind. I purchased NinjaTrader to TRADE, not stare at worthless charts.

When is this major problem going to be fixed and when as NinjaTrader customers can we expect to be able to participate in buying/selling cryptocurrencies through Coinbase or through another exchange?

Jason Wilson

Hello Jason,
    Thanks for your post.

Coinbase is offered as a complimentary data feed for charting and is not viewed as a "problem". The addition of Coinbase market data allows cryptocurrency traders to leverage NinjaTrader's award-winning charting and market analysis capabilities, including: advanced charting, using the Market Analyzer, experimenting with backtesting and optimization, as well as utilizing advanced alerts.

There is demand for crypto trading support to be added, but I do not have any information on if or when that will be implemented.

I will go ahead and have a vote added on your behalf to the feature request regarding the addition of cryptocurrency trading on the Coinbase adaptor. The internal tracking number for that feature request is SFT-2334. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm

Please let me know if we can be of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 09-03-2020, 06:34 AM. Reason: Updated feature request ticket ID
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for responding.

Offering charting is all well and good but then I’m forced to enter my trades using order entry software through another broker which is totally inferior to the SuperDom.

The entire purpose of my purchasing NinjaTrader was to enter trades using the SuperDom with ATM strategies. Charting is an afterthought.

There are many Bitcoin exchanges NinjaTrader could partner with. And demand for crypto has been high for a long time.

So I just don’t understand why it’s taking you guys so long to offer crypto trading. It’s seems like you’’re really missing the boat.

As a customer who feels NinjaTrader is the best trading platform there is, this is really frustrating for me.

I want to use your software to place my Bitcoin trades with, not some clunky, third-tier junk.

Thank you for listening to my concerns, and if possible I would like to hear Ray Deux’’s thoughts on this matter.

Regards,

Jason Wilson

Last edited by jasonw; 12-19-2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Hello jasonw,

Thank you for your response.

The entire executive team is aware of this feature request.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I wanted to add another vote to crypto trading support on NT. I just learned today that this isn't supported, yet the Coinbase data feed exists. I don't really see much value in that, I was assuming order execution was working. I'd love to get a multi broker account to trade on coinbase (or any other exchange, I don't really care which) but will hold off for now. Has there been any progress on this?

Comment

Hello hautdoge,

The feature request for bitcoin trading has not been fulfilled. The development team has other tasks at this time, and we are still tracking demand.

I have added your vote.

Feature Request Disclaimer

We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes -
            https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

We look forward to assisting.
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by jasonw View Post
              I recently upgraded to a multi-broker license and I noticed that Coinbase was now an available connection.

As an avid Bitcoin trader, this really excited me. Now I would be able to use the Superdom and ATM for trades for executing crypto trades.

Well lo and behold it turned out NTs Coinbase support only extended to historical charts which cant be traded at all.

I am a trader, I bought Ninjatrader to make money which it goes without saying cant be done with untradeabke instruments.

The question arises, why even offer a connection to Coinbase data when as traders who have have paid good money for your software (in my case Ive spent over $1300) we cant even partiticipate?Is it real to accept bitcoin payments?

It boggles the mind. I purchased NinjaTrader to TRADE, not stare at worthless charts.

When is this major problem going to be fixed and when as NinjaTrader customers can we expect to be able to participate in buying/selling cryptocurrencies through Coinbase or through another exchange?

Jason Wilson
              I feel your frustration as a fellow trader! The excitement about integrating Ninjatrader with Coinbase for cryptocurrency trading, and then finding out it was limited to historical charts, is definitely disappointing.
              On a separate note, accepting payments in bitcoins for your trading signals or strategies could be an interesting way to attract cryptocurrency traders. While Ninjatrader may not yet support cryptocurrency execution directly, it doesn't hurt to explore alternative sources of income!​

Comment

Hello Frithat,

Thanks for your notes.

Would you like me to add your vote to the feature request that we are tracking interest in this for?

Please let me know if you would like your vote added to the feature request and I will submit your vote to the Development team.
                Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
                  Hello Frithat,

Thanks for your notes.

Would you like me to add your vote to the feature request that we are tracking interest in this for?

Please let me know if you would like your vote added to the feature request and I will submit your vote to the Development team.
                  Thank you for your attention to this issue! Yes, it would be nice. How can I find out about changes in this matter? Will there be any announcements? Thank you!

Comment

Hello Frithat,

Thanks for your notes.

I have added your vote to this feature request.

This request is being tracked under the number SFT-2334.

You could write in to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com to ask if there is an update on the feature request and provide the SFT ID above in your email.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
                    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Rapine Heihei  
                    Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:01 PM
                    1 response