Inform clients when data servers down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inform clients when data servers down

Please, an email or somewhere on the website......clients need to be informed when data is not available or service is down for some reason.
    thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post. I have forwarded this information on to our Management.

Do you still see the same today?

If so, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to [email protected] and reference this post.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.

Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

it was not at my end - there were a number of people across locations with the same issue. Are you saying you are not aware of when your servers are down?

Comment

Maintenance can take place at any time from Friday 7pm ET (1am UTC) - Sunday 4pm ET (10pm UTC). I suspect you experienced inability to connect during this time frame. If issues occur outside of this time frame, we'll be happy to investigate further.

Comment

Yep - so back to my original point/request - it would be very courteous to your clients (and simple to implement) to be notified by email if maintenance is taking place rather than find out by trial and error, spend time looking for problems at my end unnecessarily. We get emails from NT about various things including trading hour changes around holidays or daylight saving etc etc so why not this?
          Thanks

Comment

Thanks for posting and providing the feedback. I assume you're referencing the NinjaTrader historical data service which we control and not a third party technology which has and controls their own maintenance policy.

At this time we do not plan notifications for typical maintenance which is normally done very quickly. Last weekend was an outlier where the service was not restored after maintenance as quickly as we had expected. We have taken corrective internal actions to catch this faster in the future.

Comment

Yes that is what I am referencing.
              I fail to see see why it is difficult to notify users..but if it something you are unable or unwilling to do I guess now we know.
              Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post rtwave
              by rtwave

Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
              7 responses