Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Order Flow Volume Profile (Draw Mode: Letters)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Flow Volume Profile (Draw Mode: Letters)

I am part of a trade room that uses the equivalent to the Order Flow Volume Profile (TPO) extensively and all the other members of this room have the same type of lettering scheme A to M for the RTH hours beginning 8:30am CST. The Order Flow Volume Profile in "Letter" Draw mode however uses a slightly different lettering scheme that does not quite match up with the other members of my trading room and I was wondering if the feature to change the lettering scheme can be added?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. At this time there is not an option to set letters in this manner for the tool.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Please let me me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you so much! It would be great to be on the same page as traders using other platforms in terms of the letter periods.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Just so we can track with the most possible information, can you please clarify the addon in use and post a screen shot or reference for the letters used there?

We look forward to assisting further.

Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am referring to the Order Flow Volume profile in Price/Letters mode.

It has the letter A period beginning at 8:00 AM CST and for some reason skips C period.

Other platforms which use this type of profile seem to always start letter A period at 8:30 AM CST and does not skip C period.

When referencing the periods with other traders can get a bit confusing since our "periods" are always off from each other.

Comment

I'd like to replicate the chart in your screenshot so I may better understand the issue. I'll need more information about both your data series and Order Flow Volume Profile indicator:
            • Right-click on your chart > data series > Take as many screenshots and necessary to provide a view of all settings.
            • RIght-click on your chart > indicators > Select 'Order Flow Volume Profile' from the Configured list > Take as many screenshots and necessary to provide a view of all settings.

Comment

I've attached the screen shot of the Period letters I am referring to in the Order Flow Volume Profile indicator. I am in Pacific Time.

It would be great if these letters can be customized to match other traders use of them.

"A" period in Ninjatrader begins at 8:00 am CST where most other platforms I have seen start "A" period at 8:30 am CST.

"C" period is omiited to show the "current" area price is at on the indicator but this throws off the letter periods even more as "C" period is usually 9:30am - 10:00am CST on most other platforms.

All this makes it terribly confusing and cumbersome to communicate in terms of the Letter periods with other traders as most seem to reference the Letter periods in the manner above.

Comment

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3760. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue_Two View Post
                  I am referring to the Order Flow Volume profile in Price/Letters mode.

It has the letter A period beginning at 8:00 AM CST and for some reason skips C period.

Other platforms which use this type of profile seem to always start letter A period at 8:30 AM CST and does not skip C period.

When referencing the periods with other traders can get a bit confusing since our "periods" are always off from each other.
                  How do I set up my chart to look like this?

Comment

I am not quite sure I understand your question. Are you asking about how to configure a price profile in general? Or are you wanting to know how to shift the times that letters are associated with in the price profile?

Comment

Indeed it would be great if these letters of the profile can be customized to match other traders use of them.

I have an additional request: It would be helpful having an option to split the profile to see each 30 min period as a vertical line.

Comment

I'll add your vote to SFT-3760.

You can 'split the profile' into 30 minute segments if the underlying data series is 30 minutes:

Comment

Can i add my vote to this as well..

For the Letters (TPO) Would like the ability to
                          1. change the letters assigned to different time period.. 9:30 AM EST for me should be A..
                          2. (optionally) split each time period from the overall profile - as Thompson requested.. - for the current one or for all. Display either the profile or the split session or both.
                          3. Change the colors based on volume - if a particular price generated more than x% of the days's volume - or a fixed number then display in a different color..

For the volume profile,
                          would like the ability to have the Delta volume text be different colors based on if there were more sellers or buyers..

Comment

BayAreaTrader :
                            1. I'll add your vote to SFT-3760
                            2. You can 'split the profile' into 30-minute segments if the underlying data series is 30 minutes: https://www.screencast.com/t/Lg5B0xmF
                            3. To clarify, you'd like the price profile letters to behave like the 'heat' display mode (more info here)

Comment

I would also like to see the first letter printed after 9:30am eastern to be an "A", To be consistent with what I see on others charts.
                              Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post r68cervera  
                              Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes