Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Enhancement suggestion

Hi,

I tried to search to see if someone else has suggested this but could not find it. Apologies if it is a duplicate.

Currently, when using Market Replay you can select the date range and use the scroll bar to advance to the start time (i.e. 7AM or 9:30am, etc). Ninja then advance tick per tick through the chart and the user has to wait for this. The Youtube video says 'depending on your PC speed' this will go fast or slow. My suggestion is not have Ninja go through the ticks and have the user wait, but instead be able to enter a date & time and have Ninja refresh the chart(s) at that time within a reasonable amount of time. I am using CyperPower PCs for my trading and they are high end and it still takes 5-10 minutes for Ninja to load a single ES chart to 7AM. This makes using Replay very time consuming and for those that depend on replay to practice, I think this could be a great enhancement that is worth the development effort.

Cheers,

Ewaver

We've designed NinjaTrader 8 to replay from the beginning of the day (at least) when a new time is selected during Market Replay because this allows for indicators and strategies to be calculated on real-time data instead of historical data. This is much more accurate but, as you've noticed, can be slow.

What you're describing as a suggestion is basically how NinjaTrader 7 market replay worked - it would simply move to the time you desired and load historical data for the prior period of time (fast but less accurate).

The only way to mitigate this loading time in NinjaTrader 8 currently would be to reduce the complexity of your workspace. I've provided some great performance tips in the links below:With that said, I think it's a great suggestion to have both available to users so that they may decide whether they want accuracy or speed. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3837. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 02-19-2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Many thanks for the quick reply, Patrick. Thanks so much!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post kempotrader  
      Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post kempotrader