Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TradingPlan indicator for NT8

Hello,

there is one well known proverb which says: Plan the trade, and trade the plan. So it would be great to have some tool which would provide ability to assign text (as our trading plan) to price level / indicator.
    We can assign an alert to exact price level or indicator. So why we can´t do the same with text which would be displayed on the right edge of a chart. It would be possible to see it on every chart as every drawing.
    Creating an indicator assigning a text to price level is easy, but assigning it to an indicator is another story...

Thank you
    Last edited by emuns; 03-27-2019, 02:09 PM.

tHello emuns,

Thank you for your post.

If you have already created an indicator that follows a price value, like this:

Code:
    Draw.Text(this, "TheText", "I am a note", 0, High[0] + TickSize*4);
    You can modify this indicator to follow whatever the Input value is, like so:

Code:
     Draw.Text(this, "TheText", "I am a note", 0, Input[0] + TickSize*4);
    Then, go into this indicators setup> Select "Input Series"> Expand the indicators folder> select the indicator to use, replicating the one already on your chart. Place the attached indicator within Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators then compile through the NinjaScript editor. I made a short clip on testing the attached script sample: https://clauber.tinytake.com/sf/MzQxODM5OV8xMDIyNzg1OA

If there is any additional features you would like to see please let me know and I will submit a feature request.

Attached Files
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello ChrisL,

thank you for your notes and the example. Is it possible to create an indicator with more data series? (something like as follows):

MyInput1 ´Input[0];
      MyInput2 Input[0];

Draw.Text(this, "TheText", "I am a note", 0, MyInput1 + TickSize*4);
      Draw.Text(this, "TheText", "I am a note", 0, MyInput2 + TickSize*4);

Adding one indicator for one text item on a chart is pretty impractical.

Comment

Hello emuns,

A single indicator will only have a single input series.

However, it is possible to add series and add indicators to your script.

The SampleMACrossOver included with NinjaTrader demonstrates hosting the SMA indicator and calling data from it. You can do the same in your script to get values from any indicator.

You could call many indicators and draw text boxes for these, however, note that all the drawing objects for an indicator will appear in the same panel.
        If you want text boxes drawn in different panels you need multiple instances of the indicator for each panel.

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
          Hello emuns,

A single indicator will only have a single input series.

However, it is possible to add series and add indicators to your script.

The SampleMACrossOver included with NinjaTrader demonstrates hosting the SMA indicator and calling data from it. You can do the same in your script to get values from any indicator.

You could call many indicators and draw text boxes for these, however, note that all the drawing objects for an indicator will appear in the same panel.
          If you want text boxes drawn in different panels you need multiple instances of the indicator for each panel.
          Hello Chelsea,

could you advise me please,
          where can I find the SampleMACrossOver, you mentioned?
          I know only this list of samples:
          https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...le-of-contents

T
          hank you,
          emuns

Comment

Hello emuns,

On the NinjaTrader Control Center click the New menu > next click NinjaScript Editor.
            In the NinjaScript Editor on the right is the NinjaScript Explorer pane.
            Double click to expand the Strategies section.
            Double click SampleMACrossOver to open the SampleMACrossOver script that is included with NinjaTrader.
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rdtdale, Yesterday, 01:02 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rdtdale
            by rdtdale

Started by TradeSaber, Today, 07:18 AM
            0 responses