micro what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

micro what?

We are less than a week away from one of the biggest new product launches from CME group since the e-mini. On May 6, 2019 micro sized contracts for equity indices will begin trading on the CME exchange. The S&P 500 ( MES ), Nasdaq-100, Russel 2000 and DJIA will be available. To date, NinjaTrader Brokerage has not announced the commissions. NinjaTrader has not made the instruments available in the NinjaTrader platform.

Moreover there’s been no guidance as to when this information will be available. I’ve made multiple inquires and have been told to monitor the website for information. An announcement will be made.

We don’t even know if the platform will be ready on day one. I’m both surprised and disappointed at the lack of attention this has been given. I would have expected not only an early announcement but actually some fanfare and celebration. Other brokers ( I won’t name names ) have long since announced the commissions and have committed to making trading available on day one.

I can’t think of a single reason for not at least giving us a date for the announcement. Instead we have to check the website every day. I hope NinjaTrader Brokerage has the lowest commissions of any broker for these products.

These forums are for technical support only. Please contact your broker for your commission-related questions. An annoucement will occur as we've stated to you, however, here is the information we have so far.

The CME plans to have the new micro e-mini futures instruments go live on May 6th, 2019. In anticipation of this, we have already added these symbols into the NinjaTrader database. The symbols are as follows:
    • M2K = Micro E-mini Russell 2000 Futures
    • MES = Micro E-mini S&P 500 Futures
    • MNQ = Micro E-mini Nasdaq-100 futures
    • MYM = Micro E-mini Dow futures
    To receive these new instruments into your NinjaTrader database, please follow the steps below:

NinjaTrader 8 -

No additional action needed. The futures are already added to the NinjaTrader 8 database. If you cannot find these instruments, please restart NinjaTrader.

NinjaTrader 7 -

An uninstall, reinstall, and instrument reset is necessary to receive these new symbols. Please follow these steps (this will not affect or remove your custom files or settings):
    • Copy your license key from the Control Center > Help > License Key window
    • Close all running applications.
    • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
    • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 7' folder if it exists
    • Reboot your machine.
    • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT7 from the link below.
    Once installed, reset your instruments:
    • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
    • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    After the instrument reset, you should find these new instruments in your Instrument Manager.

Comment

Thank you Patrick.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Christopher_R  
      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
      166 responses