Search stopped working on NT8 Help Guide website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search stopped working on NT8 Help Guide website

It appears the search feature is no longer working here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/

I've tried three different browsers on different computers.

I first noticed it about two days ago, but I hadn't been on for a while so I'm not sure when the issue started.
    Steve L
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ninja Mastery

Hello Steve L,

Thank you for writing in.

I am able to pull up search results effectively on my end, are you not able to pull up any search results at all on your end?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisSch View Post
      are you not able to pull up any search results at all on your end?
      Not for several days now.. Tested with IE, Edge, and Chrome.. Once clicking Search, the whole search column disappears..

-=Edge=-
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Hello Steve L,

Thank you for your note.

I am unable to reproduce the same behavior on my end.

Could you try clearing your browser's cache files and testing again? I am searching for basic terms such as "chart" and "order" and the results are pulling up as expected.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisSch View Post
          Could you try clearing your browser's cache files and testing again? I am searching for basic terms such as "chart" and "order" and the results are pulling up as expected.
          Still No Go! Tested 3-4 different browsers on 3 different machines..

Initial Page
          Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

After Clicking Search
          Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

-=Edge=-
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

I've attached a screenshot of the firefox debugger when I load the help page and then when I perform a search.
            • The source map error appears when I first load the page.
            • The TypeError appears when I attempt the search.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	20.0 KB ID:	1057149
            Last edited by Steve L; 05-13-2019, 07:26 AM.
            Steve L

Comment

And here is the debug console from the Edge browser. All but the last item appear when the site is first loaded. The final item in red (SCRIPT5007) appears when I attempt the search.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	195
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	1057152
              Steve L

Comment

A few more tests.

Clearing my browser caches doesn't change the behavior. And I can see in the debugger windows that all the files are being refetched from the servers.

However, when I used the Tor browser, everything worked. Tor, of course, bounces through a network of different servers so it might look like the request is coming from Europe for example instead of Missouri.

I captured the following additional screenshot from the Edge browser developer tools showing that all the files appeared to download fresh after clearing the browser cache.

I see that you are using Cloudflare. It might be that some files in the cache or CDN have not been properly cleared on edge servers and are delivering different or old versions to some clients.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-05-13_8-51-03.png Views:	1 Size:	244.1 KB ID:	1057164
                Last edited by Steve L; 05-13-2019, 08:55 AM.
                Steve L

Comment

I continued to use the Tor Browser because that's the only way search would work for me.

And eventually I started having the problem in Tor as well where no search results would appear.

I also noticed that before it stopped displaying the results entirely that it started displaying results that were not related to my search words.

For example, I was searching for "setstoploss" and all of the search results listed had nothing to do with setstoploss.

It occurred to me that if this is a caching/cloudflare/CDN problem that I might be able to reset my Tor circuit (to make the client appear to be located in another country) that it might then get an updated version of the webpage source files.

I cleared my browser cache, then requested a new circuit and then the search worked again and the first item listed was for the SetStopLoss method as expected.

Your site has an issue with content caching that is affecting clients differently based on their location.
                  Steve L

Comment

Steve L and Edge,

Thanks for your patience while we checked into this.

I've been working with the Product Management team on this item. We were able to replicate the issue and have verified it is working on our end now after purging the cache for some files with our host. If the search continues to not work, please try clearing your cache once more.
                    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Excellent! Looks like it's working now.
                      Steve L

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes