Volumetric Bar type feature request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volumetric Bar type feature request

Hi, please provide option for Lot size, lets say a future index has a lot size of 75 so if 20 lots traded it shows 1500 as traded side (Bid or Ask). But if lot size option is there to apply in menu then if i fill 75 as lot then it will show 20 lots traded in BID or ASK side. So by defining lot size, volume shows as lot not as actual volume. If lot size is 1 ( Default) then it will show actual volume.

Please add this feature because some instruments has bigger lot size so it is difficult to read volume fast, instead seeing lot size is easy to gauge.
    Thanks

Hello trader9,
    Thanks for your post.

Lots sizes on futures are fixed and cannot be changed as far as I know. Would this option for setting the lot size be for visual purposes only?
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I do not want to change lot size, but in some index future it shows actual volume as i explained earlier( 1 lot = 75 shares, Ninjatrader plots 75 as volume if one contract traded. I am requesting lot size option so if i define 75 as 1 lot then it will show 1 lot traded. For example in India Nifty index future has 75 shares as 1 lot, but ninjatreader plots 75 share traded, i want 1 lot traded option how do i do that ?

Thanks for reply

Comment

trader9,

I would not expect for NinjaTrader to show a volume of 75 whenever one contract is traded. Can you show me a screesnhot of two futures instruments you are comparing here?

Just out of curiosity, do you perhaps mean the PointValue of an instrument?

Comment

It can happen if data feed provider gives volume as 75 but not broadcasting 1 lot. Data comes as 75. How does ninjatrader know that its a 1 lot volume if data provider gives 75 ?

Comment

is there a facility to define lot size in instrument setting ?

Comment

trader9,

I have never seen this happen. Generally speaking, futures instruments are not going to use lot sizes as these numbers are static and cannot be changed. If you can provide further examples and screenshots of these volume discrepancies we may be able to verify what you are seeing or investigate it further.

There is no facility to change the lot size of a futures instrument. You would need to change the order quantity instead.

Comment

let me explain in bit detail.
                nifty future contract ( market India - NSE). 1 lot = 75 shares, data provider gives total volume ( Total shares ) traded at each price on data. How do i plot as total traded lot at each price instead of total traded shares ( as data provider gives total shares at each price) . How do i divide total incoming volume at each price with lot size ? ( i.e. lets say 5250 volume traded at price 1090. Ninjatrader displays 5250 volume traded, now how do i divide by 75 ( which is 1 lot size) and display total lot traded at each price.

Basically i want to plot total lot traded at each price instead of total volume.

Comment

Hello trader9,

It looks like this question was also asked in the following post and was replied to there: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...tal-traded-lot
                  JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, Both is different issue. kindly look the image. Click image for larger version

Name:	volumetric bars.png
Views:	206
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	1065428

Comment

Hello trader9,

You cannot change the volumetric bars and how they render but you could create your own indicator to display the custom values if you wanted. To access the volumetric data you can find more details about that here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._highlightsub= volumetric

As your other post also asks the same question for division and displaying data, I would suggest using the information from that post as well to answer this question further.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post alifarahani  
                      Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes