Add TRADING HOURS on indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add TRADING HOURS on indicators

Hi I'm a lifetime member of NT and I'm really looking to see that you guys add the trading hours option on indicators. for example if I need to add current day OHL indicator on specific trading session or multiple session I can add my own trading hours and then on indicator configuration apply my custom trading hour session to any indicator I need to.

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Hello TheGameOfProbabilities,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

You can create a custom Trading hours template, add a series using those trading hours, and use that series for the input series for any indicator you would like.

Below is a link to a video that demonstrates changing the input series for an indicator.

As well as a link to the help guide on working with Trading hours templates.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think I explained it wrong on the Current Day OHL and Prior Day OHLC indicators there is not an option to specify the trading hours like other indicator so please consider adding trading hours on these 2 useful indicators.

Comment

No indicators have a Trading hours selection. The trading hours template is applied to the data on the chart, not to the indicator.

You will need to add a series that used the Trading hours template you want, and then use that data series as the input series for the indicator that you want using the data shaped by that trading hours template.

Comment

Thanks I watched the video. on that video you guys showing 1-5 minutes example adding 5min sma to 1 min chart.

I'm trying add 5 min vwap on 10 range chart but when I do that the spacing between 10 range chart is too much how can i do this and the space between the 10 range candle showing normal instead of those big gaps?

Comment

The range series and the minute series will have bars closing at different times. Both series must have the bar slots at the proper time. If there are more bars for one series than the other, then the other will not show a bar for that slot.

The Equidistant bar spacing can either show the bars at the exact time with possible overlapping, or can show them without overlapping.

Below is a link to the help guide.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses