Feature Request: Add Timer to Playback session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request: Add Timer to Playback session

When executing a playback session over the course of a START and END dates that cover a 1 week span, it could take my machine a few minutes to a few hours. I'd like the Playback session to incorporate a timer, displaying number of hours:minutes it is taking to Playback the session. This will help setup some expectations for me as I make adjustments to a strategy and playback repeated times with such adjustments.

Please clarify - you'd like for NinjaTrader to estimate how long it will take in real-time to reach the end of playback via a countdown timer? For example, NinjaTrader would display 5h43m2s as the estimate for completion if it believes that's how long it will take?

I am thinking that the time of playback completion contains so many unknown variables (e.g. how many other programs are open on your PC, how complex is your strategy code, how volatile was the market over your playback period, etc.) that even an estimate would likely be wildly inaccurate.

Comment

To clarify, I'm simply asking for a stopwatch that begins at 00:00 when the playback starts and provides HH.MM time when the playback completes.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4029. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

I would also suggest that you contact us on the NinjaScript sub-forums or via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com as a NinjaScript technician may be able to provide some performance optimization assistance.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 05-29-2019, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildwex View Post
          To clarify, I'm simply asking for a stopwatch that begins at 00:00 when the playback starts and provides HH.MM time when the playback completes.
          Look in the log. End time vs start time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DynamicTest  
          Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ScottWalsh