Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Super Dom With Developing Candle as a Background

Hello Ninja Development,

I see you are looking to add some of the features from Jigsaw to the SuperDom from a previous suggestion:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...uperdom-column
    I just downloaded the new buy sell volume indicator which looks great:
    https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...er-dom-column/
    Has anyone ever seen, or attempted to build a SuperDom in Ninja 8 that has a developing candlestick chart as a background behind the SuperDom?
    Ideally, I would like to see a DOM with the bid/ask column and the new buy-sell volume on top of a candlestick with the ability to change the period of the candle.
    For example, if I select the 30 minute chart as my timeframe, every time a new 30 minute candle opens, the Dom resets to the open of the new candle, and then the candle builds until the close of the candle and the DOM resets.
    I appreciate any ideas on how to accomplish this, or possibly using this as a suggestion as a new add on or column sometime in the future.

Thanks,
    DT-12
    Last edited by DayTrader12; 07-03-2019, 01:34 AM.

Can someone let Patrick from Ninja know that the new buy-sell indicator is not compatible with the latest version of Ninjatrader:
    My Ninja version is: 8.0.18.0 64-bit
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello DayTrader12,

Thank you for your posts.

First, the buy-sell indicator actually does work, it's just packaged incorrectly, which I'll let our folks who maintain the app share know. You need to unzip the outer zip file. Inside you will find two zip files. Choose one of those to import and it should work correctly for you.

As far as having a candlestick chart as the background for the SuperDOM, this would not be possible by supported means. I have put in a feature request for this for you, which can be tracked under the number SFT-4085. If this is implemented in the future, you can find requests by their number in the Release Notes.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
      Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
        Hello DayTrader12,

Thank you for your posts.

First, the buy-sell indicator actually does work, it's just packaged incorrectly, which I'll let our folks who maintain the app share know. You need to unzip the outer zip file. Inside you will find two zip files. Choose one of those to import and it should work correctly for you.

As far as having a candlestick chart as the background for the SuperDOM, this would not be possible by supported means. I have put in a feature request for this for you, which can be tracked under the number SFT-4085. If this is implemented in the future, you can find requests by their number in the Release Notes.

Thank you Kate!
        Question, since the volumetric candles have the printed volume already, might it be possible to add another column with the current bids and offers?
        All that I would need is the ability to put the candlestick in the middle, the printed volume from the bid and the current bids on the left side of the candle, and the printed volume from the offer, and the current offer on the right side. That would be ideally what I am trying to accomplish.
        If that is possible, then please let me know.
        Thanks for the help, and have a great 4th of July,
        DT_12

Comment

Hello DayTrader12,

Thank you for your reply.

That would not be currently possible. However, I've added a vote to an existing feature request (SFT-2996) for you that covers adding the current bids/asks to the Volumetric candles.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
            Hello DayTrader12,

Thank you for your reply.

That would not be currently possible. However, I've added a vote to an existing feature request (SFT-2996) for you that covers adding the current bids/asks to the Volumetric candles.

Thanks again Kate!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
            15 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post xiinteractive  
            Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
            1 response
            0 likes