Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening a new chart tab sets Chart Trader account to sim

Hi,

I am generally pleased with the improvements made in NT 8. However, this particular thing irks me because I "lost" a lot of money because of it:
    1. When I restore my workspace, I carefully check each chart window's Chart Trader setting to ensure that I'm using my live trading account in Interactive Brokers
    2. Over the course of the session, of course, I would create a new tab to check on other instruments
    3. When a new tab + instrument is created, the ENTIRE chart window is affected because the account is now set to Sim101 (this means ALL the charts within that same window is affected)
    4. It took me a while to figure this out and I ended up not making a single cent over a few trades (being happy over nothing) simply because some mysterious thing kept jiggling my account to sim and it's this funny behavior of NT

I am not asking to set a "default account" (I know this is a very common request), I am merely asking if there's a way NOT to jiggle the account setting in the windows so that I don't accidentally set my account for the entire chart windows to sim just because I wanted to have a new tab to look at some other charts.

Hello mav8rick,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. I understand the behavior you are describing, thank you for your detailed steps. I will certainly forward a feature request on your behalf so feedback in this is tracked.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
    0 responses