Scroll bar handles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scroll bar handles.

In NT8 the scroll bar handles on all windows are so faint that they are difficult to see. Could they be made a bit darker/thicker or like in NT7?

Hello DaveS,

Thanks for posting to the forums.

You can change the Skin that NinjaTrader uses to increase visibility. This can be changed from the Control Center> Tools> Options> Skin. I recommend the Dark or Light setting for the best visibility of scroll bars. You'll just need to restart NinjaTrader for the effect to take place.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This would not be possible outside of using the built in or creating/using a custom skin.

Comment

Not possible for us, no! But your NT development department should be able to do something about it in a future release. It really is annoying when you have moved the handle and cannot see where it is. Some of us don't like white text on a dark background, so the dark skins are at best a fudge for us.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3398. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 09-06-2019, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Patrick, returning to this subject, am trying to create a custom skin. As per a comment earlier in this thread, I'm wanting to adjust scroll bar sliders and their underlying slider tracks. Specifically, could you please give me the exact line items in the BluePrint file to change colors for each of these two items? thxs in advance... and does a standard gradient convention apply to those items as well? can see gradient is used in several places of the base skin I've chosen to modify, but not in all places... thxs

Comment

Hello valhallafutures,

There are quite a few brushes for the scrollbars, generally it is best to just find in the file and search for Scroll. You can see most of the properties start around line 224.

You would need to use a color that stands out as a test if you are not sure what each controls, you could use bright orange as an example, save the file and restart the platform.

Gradients can be used anywhere a brush can be used, you would need to create the gradient differently than a solid color brush. There are some existing gradients in the file which you could use for example.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
              JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes