Bug Report: 4k screens and dialogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug Report: 4k screens and dialogs

do this on a windows 10 computer setup with a regular monitor and a high DPI monitor (e.g. 1080p and 4k).. I only ever tested with a 4k res attached but i assume it should work for any high dpi monitor in a mixed monitor setup.

run your charts on the 1080p monitor

duplicate a chart to a new window

move this window to the 4k display

press CTRL+I

the indicators dialog appears on the primary 1080p monitor and squished... so much squished that the user must resize it.

cancel the dialog

move the chart window back to the primary 1080p monitor

press CTRL+I

now the dialog is a good size again

cancel dialog

move the chart back to the 4k display

ctrl i

now it is squished again
    Last edited by NinjaCustomer; 08-21-2019, 09:41 AM.

NinjaCustomer,

Thanks for posting.

This sort of visual behavior can be expected when using 4K monitors with the platform, especially so when using a 4k monitor along with a non-4K monitor. For this reason, possibly among others, 4K monitors are not supported for use with NinjaTrader.

Do you see the same if you replace the 4K monitor with a lower resolution monitor and take the same steps? Please be sure the 4K monitor is disconnected for this test.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i say the fix is probably simple... of course this is just a guess since i don't have the ninjatrader source code... just get nt to position the dialog on the same monitor of the window that opened it, which would be a more normal behaviour regardless of if there is low or high dpi. I mean, you expect the dialog to open on the same monitor as the chart but instead it opens on the primary.

The problem occurs because it is opening on the regular dpi primary screen even though ctrl i is pressed on the chart that is on the 4k screen.

I'm sure it works on normal dpi screens as I have 4 screens and only 1 is 4k but .. anyhow.. otherwise ninjatrader works fine with 4k , it correctly detects and scales the chart when dragged over to the 4k screen it is just the dialog that gets squished.

Comment

NinjaCustomer,

When I follow your steps on two 1080 monitors, I don't see the same behavior. My duplicated chart on the new window opens the Indicators menu on the new window as well. On both windows the Indicators menu looks correctly sized.

I'm not certain if this would also be caused by using the unsupported monitor. Does this occur in any workspace you test, or only certain workspaces?

Comment

you are correct.. if i duplicate a chart from the primary monitor to a new window and then move that window to a regular 1080p monitor and then press ctrl+i it will open the dialog on that same monitor as the chart

if i duplicate a chart from the primary to a new window and then move that to a 4k monitor and press ctrl+i then it will open squished on the primary instead of the 4k.

Comment

but i mean my setup is not really strange, i just have external monitors plugged into my notebook.. high dpi displays are common on notebooks , so i think it something you should consider supporting

Comment

NinjaCustomer,

Thanks for taking the time to test that out.

I'll be happy to record your feedback on this item and submit it to the Development Team.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post funk10101  
              Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
              11 responses
              0 likes