Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stocks Trading with NinjaTrader 8

Hi! Thanks for a awesome software to trade from

Q: I know its only possible to trade Futures and Forex trough NT today, but since all the instruments are already there inside the the Nasdaq and S&P500 list, i don´t see a problem of being able to trading stocks with NT? When are we going to se that happen?

I have Multi Key Licence and i see that i have access to others "Brokers" to connect with but why do i need that, why cant NT let us trade stocks aswell?

Hello MBerg,

Thanks for posting to the forums.

We have several Equities data providers that you can trade stocks with in NinjaTrader. I've linked below to a helpful page going over what kinds of data our supported provides provide in NinjaTrader 8- You'll want to look for the providers that have an E for Equities:

Once connected, Equities can be added to the NinjaTrader instrument database by typing the instrument symbol followed by the exchange into an open chart and pressing the "Enter" key on your keyboard. For example, you can type "IWM NYSE" to add ticker symbol "IWM" mapped to the NYSE.

You can also add a stock list as an efficient way to add instruments to the instruments database in bulk. More information about this topic can be found here:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello MBerg I read through your post and I see the links provided. I see the data providers that give you data for Equities and Options. Which brokers can I execute the trades thru with NinjaTrader. For instance I have Ninjatrader Brokerage thru Dorman Trading. If I connected to Dorman and one of the other data providers could I then trade stocks and options. And can I trade stocks options and futures using different brokers at the same time?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

You would only be able to trade the supported instruments from your data provider, NinjaTrader brokerage does not support stock options at this time, but does support futures and options on futures. You'd want to reach out to your brokers directly to confirm the instruments you can trade with your account for further information.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
        Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by mamaliga
          Futures and forex have long gone out of fashion, or rather, there are new programs and strategies where you can trade using the forex platform. Let's say, using the EMA crossover strategy, you can determine the periodic indicator. Add to that a strict money management. For any open position, the ratio of potential profit and loss should be at least 1.5-2.0 to 1.0 (better 2.5-3.0 to 1.0). Classical wave analysis assumes that the market is divided into a trending and corrective components. And then you work the same way as before with other strategies.
          This answer has nothing to do with my question really!?

Comment

Originally posted by Mberg View Post
            Hi! Thanks for a awesome software to trade from

Q: I know its only possible to trade Futures and Forex trough NT today, but since all the instruments are already there inside the the Nasdaq and S&P500 list, i don´t see a problem of being able to trading stocks with NT? When are we going to se that happen?

I have Multi Key Licence and i see that i have access to others "Brokers" to connect with but why do i need that, why cant NT let us trade stocks aswell?
            Simple. I guess NinjaTrader Brokerage is only licensed for Futures trading, and not licensed as a Stock Trading Brokerage at this time. But if you have a supported Stock Trading Brokerage account, like with TDAmeritrade, then you can trade that account with their data on NinjaTrader platform.

Cheers!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post sarafuenonly123  
            Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes