Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

OF Vol Prof - Another suggestion never to be taken seriously by Development Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OF Vol Prof - Another suggestion never to be taken seriously by Development Team

NT8 Order Flow Volume Profile tool

It's a nice, easy to use tool to be used pre-market or on the weekends, but try and use it to actually do real time trading; it leaves a lot to be desired and results in having to use a third party indicator.

Pros:
    Works with any bar type (including OFA bars)
    Works with Tick Replay on or off (this is a HUGE plus, as I write code for replay off)
    Easy to set and adjust on historical data

Cons:
    Will not automatically keep up with market in real-time without constantly manually dragging.
    Does not show VWAP as a plot
    Will not snap to right margin when set to show last bar on chart ( currentbar[0] ).
    Will not keep Vol Prof within margin area when set to right of price bars.

Suggestion:
    1. Add ability to keep up with the live market without having to manually drag right side.
    2. Add a VWAP plot.
    3. Add ability to snap to right margin.
    4. Add setting for Vol Prof bars width within margin (either a set number of pixels or percentage of margin).
    A set number of pixels would allow text to be placed between Vol Prof and last bar on chart eg: Prev.High, Overnight Low, Prev Close, etc. in a separate indicator.

I included screen shots of 2 vendors to compare to. Apologies to @Gomi, I did not purchase his although I am sure it is also well up to the task.

Robotman

Click image for larger version

Name:	VolProf Compare.JPG
Views:	581
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	1071393

Hello Robotman,

Thank you for your reply.

Are these suggestions specifically for the Volume Profile Drawing Tool, or are you making these suggestions regarding the Order Flow Volume Profile Indicator as well? There are two different Volume Profile tools within NinjaTrader. The Drawing Tool is intended to be static and remain in the same place on the chart, while the Indicator will create either composite profiles overlaid over the whole chart or profiles per session or by a set number of bars.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate,

Thanks for your quick reply.

My suggestions are only for the Volume Profile Drawing Tool. (Although, The Order Flow Volume Profile Indicator suffers from some basic usability functionality too.)

The Volume Profile Drawing Tool has some real potential if addressed from an intraday-trader's point of view and not just a programmer's. I like it and would use it more than a third party version as it is usable on non-Tick Replay, standard NT8 bar charts. It is much easier than watching a footprint chart at tops and bottoms of intra-day swings plus the VWAP shows real time support/resistance for retracements on these types of swings especially on index futures.

Although I realize that most users requests go unanswered by the Dev Team, I still hope they might upgrade this "beta" drawing tool.

Again, Thanks!
      Robotman

Comment

Please add my vote for the features requested above by Robotman.

Thank you,
        emuns

Comment

Hello Robotman and emuns,

Thank you for your patience.

We've created two feature requests for these, SFT-4237 to add the VWAP plot and SFT-4238 for the rest and recorded both of your votes for each. Our development team does assess each request based on feasibility and user interest among other factors, so all requests will be looked at by them.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

I would like to keep this request fresh. The last response was almost two years ago and at very least the VWAP should be present within the VP drawing tool.

Comment

Hello mkaminski,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, the last reply on this was six months ago, not two years.

I have added votes for you to both SFT-4237 and SFT-4238. As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
                Hello mkaminski,

I have added votes for you to both SFT-4237 and SFT-4238.
                Thanks, @NinjaTrader_Kate !

~Robotman

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post Jon17
                by Jon17