Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello oheyn,

Thank you for your reply.

I have added a vote to you to SFT-2387 as well.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Horizontal Ray Drawing Tool SFT-2387.

I am a new user on NinjaTrader and have been frustrated trying to draw horizontal rays with the existing ray drawing tool - its completely inadequate. This led me to search the internet for a solution and I found this post from 2018.

It is now nearly THREE YEARS since Senior Member "aligator" made the simple request to add Horizontal Ray to the Drawing Tools. This is such a basic and essential tool for drawing support and resistance on our charts. NinjaTrader is negligent for ignoring this simple yet important request for THREE YEARS. NinjaTrader, what are you waiting for??? Approve SFT-2387.

Thank You to "aligator" for attaching the add-on THREE YEARS AGO!

Comment

Hello Edward88,

It appears that votes for this were incorrectly put on SFT-2387, which is for adding additional indicators to the platform.

SFT-2149 is the correct SFT number for the request for Horizontal Rays. I've moved all votes from this thread to the correct SFT number and have added a vote for you as well.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Please add my vote as well.
          Please add the option to put a note on the ray or horizontal lines. Something like a checkbox in the features of the ray/horizontal line where the other parameters are located.. Would be great to put prices, small notes ecc. in the note as soon as the ray is created.

Comment

Hello Everyone interested in Horizontal Ray Drawing Tool,

An Add-On for HorizontalRay including price labels is included in mahToolBar6 indicator. Just download the indicator and install from the following link. You have the option to select just the HorizontalRay or any number or drawing tools icons of your choice installed directly in NT main menu.

mahToolBar – Version 6 This version updates the code to includes several new icons for NT8 default Drawing Tools plus additional chart management tools. The mahToolBar6 indicator installs drawing tools icons in the NinjaTrader 8 Main Toolbar for a one-click drawing. The early version of this indicator with selected tools used sample scripts from several […]

Cheers!

Comment

Hello marktrading,

I've added a vote for you to SFT-2149 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
                Dear Support,

Please consider including a HorizontalRay line to the drawing tools (DrawingTools.Lines), a badly missed and perhaps the most useful of all lines for marking price action support and resistant lines on a chart. A feature that is commonly used by all traders.

Please note that there is already a custom add-on on the Forum for drawing Horizontal Rays (a 1-anchor click that also prints the series value on the Horizontal Ray) that can be nicely incorporated into the NT8 DrawingTools.Lines instead of being a separate add-on.

I have attached the add-on.

Thanks.
                Thankyou for sharing the tool.

Comment

Hello Everyone interested in Horizontal Ray Drawing Tool,

An Add-On for HorizontalRay including price labels is included in mahToolBar6 indicator. Just download the indicator and install from the following link. You have the option to select just the HorizontalRay or any number or drawing tools icons of your choice installed directly in NT main menu.

mahToolBar – Version 6 This version updates the code to includes several new icons for NT8 default Drawing Tools plus additional chart management tools. The mahToolBar6 indicator installs drawing tools icons in the NinjaTrader 8 Main Toolbar for a one-click drawing. The early version of this indicator with selected tools used sample scripts from several […]

Cheers!
                  aligator this is a great tool. quick question is there a way to disable the price label? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by topa11 View Post

aligator this is a great tool. quick question is there a way to disable the price label? thanks
                    Thanks. Yes, however, it will require some code changes.

Comment

Thanks. Yes, however, it will require some code changes.
                      I tired to delete this section, but there are errors when compiling. i can probably do it if i knew what i was doing. how much would this cost to change it? thanks
                      //draw price label
                      if(startPoint.X < panel.W){
                      TextFormat textFormat = chartControl.Properties.LabelFont.ToDirectWriteTex tFormat();
                      string label = chartControl.Instrument.MasterInstrument.FormatPri ce(StartAnchor.Price, false);
                      TextLayout textLayout = new TextLayout(Globals.DirectWriteFactory, label, textFormat, 999, textFormat.FontSize);
                      Point labelAnchor = new Point(panel.W - textLayout.DetermineMinWidth(), startPoint.Y);
                      RenderTarget.DrawTextLayout(labelAnchor.ToVector2( ), textLayout, Stroke.BrushDX);
                      textLayout.Dispose();

Comment

Originally posted by topa11 View Post

I tired to delete this section, but there are errors when compiling. i can probably do it if i knew what i was doing. how much would this cost to change it? thanks
                        //draw price label
                        TextFormat textFormat = chartControl.Properties.LabelFont.ToDirectWriteTex tFormat();
                        string label = chartControl.Instrument.MasterInstrument.FormatPri ce(StartAnchor.Price, false);
                        TextLayout textLayout = new TextLayout(Globals.DirectWriteFactory, label, textFormat, 999, textFormat.FontSize);
                        Point labelAnchor = new Point(panel.W - textLayout.DetermineMinWidth(), startPoint.Y);
                        RenderTarget.DrawTextLayout(labelAnchor.ToVector2( ), textLayout, Stroke.BrushDX);
                        textLayout.Dispose();
                        }
                        You are almost there, missed commenting out the last " } ."

I suggest make a copy of the Add-On HorizontalRay Drawing Tool and rename it as your revised version so that it is not mixed with the original. Just comment out lines 313 thru 321 of and compile, it should work. Do not delete, just comment out in case you need to go back to original.

Let me know if it worked for you. It is a great 1-click icon on mahToolBar6. I can draw many rays and also delete them all with one click of the remove icon.
                        Last edited by aligator; 08-23-2021, 04:39 PM.

Comment

You are almost there, missed commenting out the last " } ."

I suggest make a copy of the Add-On HorizontalRay Drawing Tool and rename it as your revised version so that it is not mixed with the original. Just comment out lines 313 thru 321 of and compile, it should work. Do not delete, just comment out in case you need to go back to original.

Let me know if it worked for you. It is a great 1-click icon on mahToolBar6. I can draw many rays and also delete them all with one click of the remove icon.
                          Aligator, thanks for the advise, its looking and working great. but i took a short cut:
                          //draw price label
                          }
                          thanks again

Comment

This is really great !! Thank you so much. I just wanted to ask one more thing as I don't know much of programming - will it be possible to only draw this for certain timeframes? What I mean by this is suppose I have a 5 min, 15 min and 4 hour chart opened side by side for ES and I draw the horizontal ray on 15 min and make it global then it will show up on both 5 min as well as 4 hour chart. So is there a way to draw this only on timeframes <=15 min but not on timeframes >15 min.
                            Last edited by ATooZ; 10-31-2021, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATooZ View Post
                              This is really great !! Thank you so much. I just wanted to ask one more thing as I don't know much of programming - will it be possible to only draw this for certain timeframes? What I mean by this is suppose I have a 5 min, 15 min and 4 hour chart opened side by side for ES and I draw the horizontal ray on 15 min and make it global then it will show up on both 5 min as well as 4 hour chart. So is there a way to draw this only on timeframes <=15 min but not on timeframes >15 min.
                              I assume anything can be programmed, but I do not think the use of "Global" in Draw.Text will differentiate between time frames.

However, a couple of possible alternatives are to either attach the indicator to those charts with time frames of interest or if all your charts are the same but with different time frames you can make a chart template with the indicator attached then simply apply the template to your time frames of interest.

Cheers!

Comment

Thank you for sharing that indicator, it made my workflow so much easier. Is there a way to move the price label to the left (start of the ray)? Having it to the right obscures the current price action. I'm hopeless with code so I'm hoping someone might know how to do this. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post DJ888
                                by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes