Collapse

Horizontal Ray in Drawing Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aligator - fab indicator - I would suggest one addition to the notes - a list of the hot key commands required - as I discovered half of the hot keys were missing and I kept having to go through and find the particular combo you were using. Awesome work though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindset View Post
      Aligator - fab indicator - I would suggest one addition to the notes - a list of the hot key commands required - as I discovered half of the hot keys were missing and I kept having to go through and find the particular combo you were using. Awesome work though.
      Thank. Majority of the hot keys are default NT8 hot keys used for drawing tools and everyone should already have them. As noted in the indicator notes ant additional hot keys need to be created by the user for the those tools to become functional.

Also, I have provided in the notes for the indicator a list of new hot keys used for Rev 6 in downloads. I assumed people will read these notes, create any missing hot key, and then download and install the indicator.

Regardless, perhaps only a few of the hot keys, if any, may need to be identified. I will be glad to add additional hot key notes if someone gives me a list of drawing tools icons that are missing hot keys on their system.

Cheers!
      Last edited by aligator; 05-10-2022, 10:21 PM.

Comment

please add my vote for SFT-2149 for the Horizontal Ray .... and I would like it to include the "Anchor Time" field in the Data section.
        thanks
        Last edited by xiinteractive; 01-12-2023, 05:27 PM. Reason: SFT number was changed on second page

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
          Dear Support,

Please consider including a HorizontalRay line to the drawing tools (DrawingTools.Lines), a badly missed and perhaps the most useful of all lines for marking price action support and resistant lines on a chart. A feature that is commonly used by all traders.

Please note that there is already a custom add-on on the Forum for drawing Horizontal Rays (a 1-anchor click that also prints the series value on the Horizontal Ray) that can be nicely incorporated into the NT8 DrawingTools.Lines instead of being a separate add-on.

I have attached the add-on.

Thanks.
          @alligator:
          Did you develop this drawing tool? I need a Horizontal Ray EXACTLY like this except I need the "Anchor Time" included in the Data section.
          Also Please provide the URL to the original post about this
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by xiinteractive View Post

@alligator:
            Did you develop this drawing tool? I need a Horizontal Ray EXACTLY like this except I need the "Anchor Time" included in the Data section.
            Also Please provide the URL to the original post about this
            Thanks
            You already have it.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post

You already have it.
              sorry man... when I first installed it, the Anchor Date field was missing and that is why I posted my message... then one day I went to use the Horizontal Ray and much to my surprise, the Anchor Date field was there. I use it all the time... I mark daily VPOCs with it every day. Thank you!

Comment

Hi xiinteractive, you can use the ​updated version of DrawingTools.Line with Shift key pressed to make horizontal Lines, by this way you have start time and end time.

For now, there is a wrong code in the line 450 in the file @Lines.cs and this cause than when OnMouseDown action and EndAnchor.IsEditing is changed to false, during the first building, the line will take the datapoint of the actual position of the cursor and will not take the datapoint of StartAnchor when Shift key is down.
                You can solve it changing the file name erasing the @ at the start of the name and after this, modifying the next data:
                "dataPoint.CopyDataValues(EndAnchor);"
                to
                "Anchor45(StartAnchor, dataPoint, chartControl, chartPanel, chartScale).CopyDataValues(EndAnchor);"

After that, just compile.
                Change the name again an add the @ at the start of the name while ninjascript editor is still open to auto compile tha change.

Ninjatrader support, please make this change for the next version to solve the problem. Thank you very much!

I will attach the file and you can replace the prior version, to solve it easily.
                If you don't have opened a NinjaScript Editor Window, so you need open it.
                Before replacing the file please open NinjaTrader and open a New NinjaScript Editor Window to auto compile.​
                Attached Files

Comment

@alligator - do you think you could add a checkbox to the properties to make it have the price marker ?

Comment

Please add my vote for Horizontal Ray

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the message.

We have added your vote to the feature request SFT-2149.

You may check the Release Notes any time there is an update to the platform to see if the feature has been added.
                      Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by xiinteractive View Post
                        @alligator - do you think you could add a checkbox to the properties to make it have the price marker ?
                        The price is already printed on top right of the of the horizontal ray.

Comment

Hi aligator , Thank you for the Horizontal Ray. It has been a valuable tool for me and has made my work much easier for the past year.

I do have a small request, if possible. I was wondering if it would be possible to add a labeling option to display custom text/tags at the top right end of the horizontal ray. I believe this feature would greatly enhance the usability of the application for myself and many other users.

Thank you again for your hard work. I appreciate your time and consideration in this matter. Good day.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post chbruno
                          by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
                          6 responses