X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 essential tweaks for footprint / volumetric chart

Hi,

just feedback,.

Been looking at the NT version last few days, compare with what I normally use.

3 major drawbacks.

1, font size cannot be set and is to small to read on the scales I use. (needs to be customisable).
    2, bar width and spacing should be configurable
    3, no wicks on the candles. (that I can see).

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for the feedback.

For the first item, I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Bar spacing can be modified by pressing CTRL + the Up Arrow or the Down arrow on your keyboard.

You can also change the width for the traditional candlestick bars that display to the left of the volumetric data. To do so, open the Data Series menu (right-click on chart, Data Series). Then, under "Candle Body Outline" you may change the width.

FInally, the wicks; while it is hard to see because of the nature of the volumetric bars, where they are placed on the grid does have a wick of sorts. I have drawn blue lines on these bars as an example:

That being said, I did have to draw the lines manually to demonstrate this to you, so I will submit a feature request to differentiate the wicks a bit easier as well.

Thank you for your feedback and your patience; I will update you as soon as I have those tracking numbers.

Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Thanks. With regards to the bar spacing, I tried that, but the the fonts shrink so much as to make it impossible to see the numbers. If I use that method to make the bars wide (just to be able to see the text), the bars are so wide a lot of screen real estate is lost. I would have same size font and thinner bars, meaning many more bars on the same space, if you get what I mean. I guess just being able to set the font size might address this.

These are my wicks (if you can find them! Being able to set the colour would certainly help...

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

I will add a note about the spacing issue too your feature request for the Volumetric bars.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3024. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DavidHP, Today, 07:56 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
          Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes