Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Small addition to standard lines.cs, as standard, please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small addition to standard lines.cs, as standard, please?

Hi,

There is an incredibly useful and very small change that can be made to lines.cs, that makes price snap to the price clicked when drawing a line and the shift is held down. I pretty much cannot live without it. I know others find it particularly useful, especially if they draw lines and rays.

It's a really simple change, with no side effects for anyone else and no changes of behaviour to the app, other than that brilliant ability to snap the line to price if you hold down shift whilst drawing.

NT overwrites this on every release and I have to put it back and go through the loops because it is a 'system' indicator. We need to let NT overwrite it in case there are any new changes we would not be getting by keeping the old version and I guess this change would be classed as 'unsupported'.

Might I request these few simple, non-behaviour affecting lines that add a great piece of functionality be added to the standard lines.cs distribution?

Example attached. Code changes are at @line ~508 and ~433

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by pjsmith View Post
    Example attached. Code changes are at @line ~508 and ~433
    @
    pjsmith

Place the same lines of code used at ~433 right underneath your line 489 in OnMouseMove

and you'll get an immediate visual representation of the object rather than waiting for the endanchor click..

Thanks for the idea!

-=Edge=-
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your note.

So you don't have to do this every time there's an update, what you can do instead is save a copy of the Lines.cs with a different name, maybe SnapLines.cs. Then go in and change the class names for the various lines to something different, so for example, for ArrowLine i might change it to SnapArrowLine for both the class name and the Name in State.SetDefaults. You should then be able to compile this, and it won't be overwritten. The downside here is that all of these will be added to the Drawing Tools menu so that would be lengthier.

That being said, I have submitted a feature request for this which may be tracked under the number SFT-4412.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/release_notes.htm
      ​​​​​​​

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
      Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by -=Edge=- View Post
        @
        pjsmith

Place the same lines of code used at ~433 right underneath your line 489 in OnMouseMove

and you'll get an immediate visual representation of the object rather than waiting for the endanchor click..

Thanks for the idea!

Thanks Done, and tested. Works even better.....
        Last edited by pjsmith; 12-05-2019, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rocketman7  
        Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary