Listen to community better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listen to community better

I don't exactly know if you already have been thinking about this, but please, listen to community better and create an easy system, to track FEATURE REQUESTS and VOTING system, like this services offer:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	dogfooding-popup.jpg Views:	2 Size:	44.7 KB ID:	1080646
    (here another example too)

so, instead of the OLD SYSTEM (where moderator says
    Code:
    "Hi. we created ticket ID X123, and please keep an eye to the release notes whenever it will be implemented..."
    , and then whoever wants to add his vote, he should post
    Code:
    "ME TOO +1"
    posts, and moderator says
    Code:
    "Thanks, your vote is added...
    "),

please create a modern UPVOTING system, so people, WITHOUT POSTING such "me too" replies, just UPVOTING buttons, showing the count of upvotes....

Please listen to the community better, instead of current "FUATURE SUGGESTIONS" system...
    Last edited by ttodua; 12-11-2019, 10:16 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for that feedback.

I have shared this suggestion of a more streamlined feature request system with the Development Team.

I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4474. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

ME TOO +1

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Your vote has been added to SFT-4474.

Comment

In fact, I would suggest that this voting feature be restricted with a separate registration page
            and require a lifetime license key to view and vote on the features.

Why so harsh?
            Well, NinjaTrader LLC management gets squeamish when they sense they're revealing too
            much of their internal business and engineering development to the competition, which is
            exactly what a voting feature page would provide.

How to alleviate some of that fear?
            If registration for the voting feature requires a lifetime license, that means only users who
            have truly invested in the product can participate -- so if the business competition wants to
            buy a lifetime license so they can peek at what other NinjaTrader users are voting on, well,
            so be it, but at least NinjaTrader receives the benefit of the lifetime license revenue.

Also,
            If the registration requires a name and email address with the lifetime license key, then the
            backend can make sure the license key is only registered once -- the point is: there should
            never be more votes on any one feature than the total number of lifetime license keys that
            have ever been sold.

@Ray, a well-regulated voting feature would be a wonderful Christmas present to your customers,
            most of whom have invested heavily in your product and simply want to help you make it better,
            but are frustrated by the lack of a modern, organized way to do so.

As far as security of the voting process, a well-regulated feature voting system (requiring
            separate registration and a lifetime license key) would provide better prevention of voting
            abuses than the current "system" of voting. Why? Because voting abuse prevention is
            either not a concern or relies heavily on the obscurity and chaos of the current system,
            both of which could be easily abused by a dedicated campaign.

Just my 2˘.

Comment

Hello Bltdavid,

Thank you for that additional feedback. I have submitted your request to our development team as well.

Comment

bltdavid Well, that might be a bit discussed. I might say, that voting abuse might be mitigated if user will need to present just NT license key (as each user has unuqie key), and then every user might vote once...

or opening the Feature request should be allowed for each Free user, but voting only by Lifetime license holders...
                But most times, the lifetime license holders might not be much technicals (only vendors probably) to undrestand the "technical feature requests" and might be ignored..

Well, at first, to say frankly, I think even making any kind of voting system would be a big step ahead, and then it might be "restricted" or like that, if they see there is an abuse.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                19 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Radano
                by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes