Draw Tool color change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw Tool color change

I find the 6 -7 click step process to change colors of a drawing tool. really annoying. Why can't you make a color drop down list in the top tool bar that is as easy to change using 5-6 colors as it is to change the time frame of the chart. I mean the only people who need to have 50 colors to decide from are those who can not decide if they should use the boys or girls bathroom. Your drawing tools are dated.

I'll be happy to suggest this improvement to the Development Team, but I'd first like to more accurately understand what you're referring to and perhaps provide a quicker way to access colors.

Which drawing tool are you referring to? For something like a horizontal line it's possible to access the color drop down with one double-click (to access the properties of the object) then expand the 'line' properties with another click. Some other tools may have more steps due to their complexity (like Fibonacci objects).

Comment

Patrick, To explain further. When one highlights an item such as a circle or rectangle or ma line I would like to see an icon in the toolbar that says color change with 4-5 colors that one can preselect if possible though basic colors are fine. the time change icon has a drop-down list that one can see all time frames quickly and change if need be or just use the default ones. I would like to see the same but with a color palette rather than hunting down the existing color palette you currently have with 5-6 clicks and than scrolling thru 50 colors to find basic red. you tend to have a color palette design set up the same for everything such as indicators and such. You need a simple drawing palette as when one draws on charts one changes the tools and colors more than say indicators My current toolbar only takes up 1/3 of the space in the header bar. having 4-5 color icons showing all the time in that header bar would be sweet. but I am thinking ninja coding is not set up to work that way.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

You can most likely accomplish what you're asking for with custom NinjaScript programming. Also you may be interested in drawing object templates.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4227. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 12-20-2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterslayer View Post
          I find the 6 -7 click step process to change colors of a drawing tool. really annoying. Why can't you make a color drop down list in the top tool bar that is as easy to change using 5-6 colors as it is to change the time frame of the chart. I mean the only people who need to have 50 colors to decide from are those who can not decide if they should use the boys or girls bathroom. Your drawing tools are dated.

Sim22 posted a free toolbar that had coloring way back when in this thread:

I have no idea how well it worked, and it's now been 3 yrs since.. so???
          Although for some reason it no longer seems available here on NT's forums..
          If by chance you are an elite member of futures.io .. still available there:
          The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

Although not free.. This product will do exactly what your looking for..
          (demonstration video of it's early features can be found at link below)

High Tech Trading Analysis - https://www.htech.net - has designed and is now offering an awesome drawing color style tool indicator for NinjaTrader 8 and Tec...

Many updates since then.. but concept remains the same.. Simple Click Updates!

-=Edge=-
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Thanks for the Effort Edge. The youtube video of using Htech draw bar is $250 for a draw bar. Which seems really steep for a guy who just wants to change a few colors. As an elite member of future io I would have been ticked to have joined them only to find out after downloading and trying to import that draw bar that it is dated and does not work with the newest version of Ninja. But it seems that 2000 traders who downloaded it way back seem to have seen value in it. even though Ninja Trader does not. but is making me look else where or code my own for what would seem something easy to offer its customers.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterslayer View Post
              Thanks for the Effort Edge.
              Wasn't sure about that toolbar.. just something I remembered and thought I'd mention..
              Found it strange it was gone from nt forums.. but if it stopped working.. might be why..

If your not going to utilize the many features that comes with my drawing toolbar:

Over a dozen custom Drawing Tools
              Harmonic, Fib, and Volume Profile
              Anchored Vwap will be in next update
              Custom Right Click Context Menus for All
              Simple Saving and Loading of Templates
              Hide/Show All, any Type or Individual
              Remove All Draw Objects without Confirmation
              Remove Draw Objects by Type (not just all!)
              Custom Extensions, Ranges, and Labeling
              with over 2 yrs of continuous enhancements..

The Color/Styling ToolBar is also offered as a standalone here:

I can't help the cost, my time has to be worth something...

-=Edge=-
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post alifarahani  
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
              1 response