Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion - shift + draw = straight line

Hi

When using the drawing tool "line", it would be handy to be able to hold down the shift key to guarantee a perfectly straight line.

Thanks.

Hello Irukandji,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I am happy to submit your request for the NinjaTrader Development to consider.

Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will post in this thread for future reference.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Irukandji View Post
      Hi

When using the drawing tool "line", it would be handy to be able to hold down the shift key to guarantee a perfectly straight line.

Thanks.
      Somebody has already coded that and released it for free on this very forum.

ref: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...29&postcount=3

Comment

Hello Irukandji,

I have received tracking ID #SFT-1369 for your request to hold the Shift key while drawing a line to draw a horizontally.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if or when a request will be implemented.

We appreciate the suggestions. Please let me know of any other requests you have for the NinjaTrader Platform.

Comment

Variations on a theme....

I like this idea to easily draw a horizontal line....when using the Shift key....would it be possible to also alternatively draw a vertical line (vertical lines can also be useful)...so that as you attempt to draw a pretty much vertical line initially (keeping your pointer moving reasonably vertically for a few pixels from your start point) that would then automatically plot vertically from your start point to your end point.....and also similarly using the Shift key....as you may attempt to pretty much draw a horizontal line (again now keeping your pointer moving reasonably horizontal for a few pixels) the line would then know to plot horizontally to your end point from your initial start point.....is this a good idea possibly ??...and would it be maybe reasonably possible to program this....??

This could be done sort of like when you begin to plot a rectangle it will easily plot horizontally or vertically depending how you move the pointer away from the start point.....

Another idea is to skip the Shift key and just do this as a new draw tool....
          The H-V Line tool.....??.....or HV Line tool....?? Easier for a separate hot key.....

.....thanks....
          Last edited by Alfred; 07-16-2018, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Hello Alfred,

I have forwarded your note about also allowing for vertical lines to be drawn this way. This was added to the same feature request SFT-1369.

Thank you for your input on this.

Comment

I really wish this feature of drawing straight lines is possible with holding on to shift or even option key. Is this possible yet or it's been done with other keys?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello tnopcopq,

Thank you for your inquiry.

There is feature called Snap Mode. Drawing Objects may be attached to price and/or time data within the chart by using any of the Snap Mode options available in the Drawing Tools menu. This would be useful when creating a straight line.

Read more about Snap Mode on our Help Guides:
                NinjaTrader 8: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...andingSnapMode

NinjaTrader 7: "Understanding Snap Mode" https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._tools__ob.htm

We have added a vote to our existing feature request SFT-1369 for drawing straight lines with holding on to shift or even option key.

Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Ariana R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi has this been implemented yet? Or is there any alternative? It's really quite a drag having to redraw the same line 5 times just to get it straight. If not, please add my vote to the feature request.

Comment

Hello augustfay,

This feature has not been implemented and I have added a vote on your behalf.

You may check Release Notes page of the Hlep Guide to check new features that have been added.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

We look forward to assisting.
                    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by augustfay View Post
                      Hi has this been implemented yet? Or is there any alternative? It's really quite a drag having to redraw the same line 5 times just to get it straight. If not, please add my vote to the feature request.
                      check back in 5 years time - it will still not have been implemented by then.

Comment

Any update on this?

Comment

Hello rcrook23,

We collect interest behind votes and weigh demand against feasibility before considering implementation. Given that reasoning, we do not offer promise of fulfillment or an ETA with feature requests. (Interest is still gathered for future considerations.) This feature request is still pending at this time. Considering you have not submitted a vote yet, I have added a vote on your behalf.

The count is currently at 14 votes.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You can add another vote for this --- its such a simple thing, its absolutely ridiculous that Ninja Trader has been sitting on this for YEARS. Kinda pathetic

Comment

Add me too.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by Perr0Grande, Yesterday, 08:16 PM
                              1 response