Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 suggestion re drawing objects

Hi,

I've looked and thought about this for a while, and came across yet another issue the other week and I thought I would share my thoughts...

I think it's clear NT can do some housekeeping with drawing objects. At least a couple years ago I made a feature request to restore the NT7 drawing objects removal bits that were removed in nt8 in favour of a much simpler 'just remove everything' approach. This of course, never got implemented.

One of the huge benefits of this is you could remove just the objects of a certain type. I've noticed that NT leaves drawing objects on charts that can be very old and no longer relevant. I understand some of the reasons for this. The issue is, if you draw on your short term charts each day, these build up, even though not relevant and cannot be displayed. You cannot clear them down with the remove all drawing objects (the ONLY) option available, as this will remove all your precious chart work that needs to be kept, also.

I noticed recently for example, a couple of my charts were taking a long time to load. The culprit was old order flow volume profile drawing objects that were drawn many days/weeks ago. Although the chart is only a 0 day chart, ninja still loads all the data for them it seems. Remove those few drawing objects, and bam - Chart loads quick as it used to. Most users are not going to figure this out and just get left with 100's if not 1000's of old drawing objects they cannot even see, and suffer the deteriorating performance they all complain about. So, a little help with letting users clean up their objects, and perhaps an option to remove expired non-global (you know the dates that apply to them) drawing objects, might be good for ninja and their users? Even a button to remove drawing objects past a certain date (I could code this myself, but I really think it should be part of the pack - after all, NT7 was way ahead of NT8 in these respects...)

Just feedback from a long term every day user...

bw.

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your note.

I have forwarded your suggestions and feedback to our development team and created a feature request.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby