Visible account ID when Chart Trader (Hidden) selected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visible account ID when Chart Trader (Hidden) selected

When "Chart Trader (Hidden)" is selected, there should be some visible indication of which account is active. Maybe the account number could be displayed in a text box at the top of the price scale, with background color user-defined (default - DarkRed). If the box also offered a drop-down menu for account selection, that would be very useful too.

Hello Lancer,

Thanks for your post and suggestions.

Currently, if you have tabs enabled in your chart, you can add the account name function which will switch as you switch accounts on the chart trader. This would display the account name at all times in the tab location.

I've attached an example of this, I've left the normal tab name which is the instrument and then selected the "@Account" to add the account name.

Also, please see, "Tab Name Variables" here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...using_tabs.htm

Please let us know if this will meet the needs, if not I can always submit a feature request.
    Attached Files
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Paul. Good reminder of that. However, charts already have multiple tabs beyond the visible area even with minimum-length abbreviated names, so lengthening the tab names by adding the account number would result in even more hidden tabs and right-left scrolling. For those using multiple tabs, it would be better to have the account number (W1234, M1234, SIM101, etc.) with drop-down menu at the top of the price scale.

Adding @ACCOUNT to the tab name will display the account number in the tab name if either Chart Trader or Chart Trader (Hidden) are selected. If chart trader "Off" is selected, the literal text "@ACCOUNT" will display. In any case, the text color for the account number is the same as the rest of the tab name text, with no special visibility alerting the user to the fact that Chart Trader (Hidden) is active. It is important that there be some obvious visible indication that Chart Trader (Hidden) is active, particularly when using hotkeys. Having the account number with color background displayed at the top of the price scale probably accomplishes this visibility objective best as well.
      Last edited by Lancer; 07-30-2018, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Hello Lancer,

Thanks for your reply, review and further suggestions.

I will write a feature request and update this thread when I have further info.

Comment

Hello Lancer,

The feature request to "Display Chart Trader selected account when Chart Trader is hidden" has been assigned as SFT-3388.

Creating a feature request does not mean the feature will or will not be implemented and these are routinely reviewed by program management for potential inclusion.

Thanks again for your suggestion and use case clarification.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes