Reset Multiple Sim Accounts at once

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reset Multiple Sim Accounts at once

When testing multiple strategies on different sim accounts, it is tedious to reset each account after a test (Takes 5 mouse clicks per reset). I suggest adding a way to select multiple accounts to reset with one action or the ability to just reset all sim accounts at once.

Hello cutzpr,

Thank you for your note.

I have submitted your inquiry to our development team as a feature request.

Please let us know if we may provide further assistance.

Comment

I would like to make another suggestion. Please make a way to create new SIM accounts faster and easier. It would be great if you could right click a SIM account and create a duplicate account with all the settings already populated. I am testing almost 20 different strategies each with a different account. When the NT DB gets corrupted, (which it often does), when I delete the old DB and create a new one, all my previous accounts are gone and I need to manually create each one which is a tedious task that could be made simpler.

Comment

Hello cutzpr,

Thank you for your note.

I have forwarded your suggestion to our development team as a feature request.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Originally posted by cutzpr View Post
          I would like to make another suggestion. Please make a way to create new SIM accounts faster and easier. It would be great if you could right click a SIM account and create a duplicate account with all the settings already populated. I am testing almost 20 different strategies each with a different account. When the NT DB gets corrupted, (which it often does), when I delete the old DB and create a new one, all my previous accounts are gone and I need to manually create each one which is a tedious task that could be made simpler.
          Why manually re-create each one every time?
          So why not setup a pristine master copy of the DB that has everything needed?

That is, after deleting the old DB, let NinjaTrader automatically create a new DB, and yes, everything is missing. So, now add your 20 Sim accounts, and whatever else that you need in the DB (such as ATMs, which NT7 stores in the DB, but NT8 does not).

Before you do anything else, exit NT & copy this new NinjaTrader.sdf to a safe place. This is now your PRISTINE MASTER DB NinjaTrader.sdf -- this is your pre-initialized ready to go customized database with your 20 (empty) Sim accounts already added.

From now on, to reset your database, your steps become,
          Exit NT
          Copy previously saved PRISTINE MASTER DB NinjaTrader.sdf to your db folder
          Restart NT

This workaround will reduce your current 'reset' workload immensely.

Comment

ResetAllSims.zip I created a quick and dirty add-on that will reset all SIM accounts, posting it here just in case anyone finds it useful.

Goto New -> Reset All Sim Accounts
            Attached Files
            Last edited by cutzpr; 01-12-2019, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I updated the code and made it a little more user friendly.
              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Perr0Grande  
              Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes