Price mark in the drawing tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price mark in the drawing tool

Good afternoon! Please add a price mark to the drawing tools. This is not entirely convenient! An example in the screenshot below.
    Attached Files

Hello accept82,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

If you would like to label drawing tools, you might want to download and use a free and publicly available drawing tools add-on called LabeledLines.

This add-n is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:Here is a basic guideline of how to Import NinjaScripts.

To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import
    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools>import>Ninjascript add-on..
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add to a chart by:
    • Selecting the pencil icon for drawing tools and using a tool that shows "Labeled"
    The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

There are a number of options with all tools and you can create any number of templates or change the defaults for your preferred appearance so take some time to studty how best to use these tools.

If this does not meet your need, please feel free to post back and re-identify your needs.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Good afternoon, PaulH! Thank you for information!

Comment

Please tell me how to make more decimal places in the Labeled Lines Drawing Tool? At the moment, only 2 decimal places are displayed + how to completely remove the line leaving only the price mark?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello accept82,

Thanks for your reply.

To draw just text I recommend the text tool (F12). You can then place the text as you wish with as many places as you want.

Comment

PaulH, you need not just text but price values ​​(price label) So that you can set it in any place and when moving up and down the price value changes Anchor time, Y anchor. This option is implemented on many modern platforms, for some reason NinjaTrader 8 doesn't have it - called ota price tag.

Comment

Hello accept82,

Thanks for your reply.

The labeled line is close to your need but does require the line to be drawn as the text is the same color as the line. In your screenshot example, are you saying that the "ota price tag" is locked to the drawing object so if the object is moved the price tag change or do they remain as separate objects (move one then move the other)?

I can create a feature request to add a capability but before I do I want to be sure to understand the preferred use.

Comment

PaulH, I wrote you a detailed video: (link to video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DU...KAMcWP11uT7geI) the work of the price tag is what I would like to see in NinjaTrader 8. The answer to your question: The object "Price tag" is not tied to another object from maybe anywhere. Also, another user already wrote on this forum about this add-on here is a link to the message thread: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...39-price-label. I will be very grateful for your help!

Comment

Hello accept82,

Thanks for your reply and video.

I will create a feature request and submit it.

Feature requests may or may not be implemented and they are routinely reviewed by program management.

Once I have the feature request reference number (may take a few days) I will update this thread.

Thanks for your interest to improve NinjaTrader.

Comment

PaulH, thank you very much for your prompt answers. Very nice to see very high level support! I will expect good news from you! Thank you again!

Comment

Hello accept82,

The feature request has been entered and identified as SFT-4858, "Floating Price Marker for price panel"

Feature Request Disclaimer.
                      We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.
                      When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.
                      Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes