Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninja Trader Margin questions and concerns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Trader Margin questions and concerns.

Hello.

If I decide to purchase Ninja Trader the main reason would be to trade micro futures / futures because of the very low margin required compared to other brokers.

Is the $50 per contract Micro futures margin requirements for MES grandfathered in so that it cannot be changed?
    If so can you point me to the writing that says this?

I would hate to spend $1,100 for software to trade with the advertised $50 margin and then the broker raises margins at a later date.

That's called bait and switch.

Here buy my very expensive non-refundable, non-transferable software so you can trade with super low margins then after you purchase at some later date they raise margins...

I've had another broker do something similar after I and other traders bought into their package.
    Definitely not cool.

So what guarantee does Ninja Trader Broker have to always offer such low margins on micro futures / futures?

Also what are Ninja Trader margins on FOREX is they provide FOREX trading?

Thanks.
    Last edited by iTrade777; 05-25-2020, 02:22 AM.

Hello iTrade777,

Thank you for your post.

Questions regarding the margin requirements for mini & micro futures trading will need to be addressed by our brokerage team. New account inquiries, including inquiries about margin requirements, can be sent to brokeragesales[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com.

At this time, NinjaTrader Brokerage can only offer accounts for futures trading. If you would like to use our platform to trade spot forex, you would need to open an account with a supported third-party broker. I would be glad to discuss the brokerage options for spot forex trading if you can clarify your country of residence.

I look forward to assisting you further.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 05-26-2020, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I have been checking daily the website for margin updates https://ninjatrader.com/blog/order-desk-updates/
      But it's been nearly a month since Crude Oil related markets had an update. Still, the ninjatrader website in most places shows the daytrading CL margin as $1000. It occurs to me that you should consider changing what your website for consistency, since CL margin is actually nearly 10 times $1000, and has been that way for nearly a month. It is only when a person drills down fairly deep into the site that they find the "Order Desk Updates" page.

It would be nice to know if you plan to keep CL daytrading margin at this "initial exchange" level. I don't want to start paying for other market data feeds if you are just about to revert to normal levels.

Thank You,
      Michael

Comment

cl-trader , To clarify, I wouldn't expect any page or document meant to display standard margin to be updated dynamically, however, I would expect the Orders Desk page you've linked to be as close to real-time as feasible. The link you've provided lists the following information:

The following contracts are set at initial exchange margin based on potential for extreme volatility:
        • Brent Last Day (BZ)
        • Crude Oil (CL)
        • E-mini Crude Oil (QM)
        • Volatility Index (VX)
        This 'initial exchange margin' value is up to date information about the current margin for CL regarding what you stated (CL margin is actually nearly 10 times $1000). This also matches the information about initial margin that you can find in the link on that page about 'viewing standard margins'.

Could you elaborate specifically where on our website you're seeing margin without an update?

Comment

Hello Patrick,
          I'm attaching a screenshot.
          --Michael

Comment

The screenshot you've provided of our website is accurate regarding intraday margins under normal circumstances. This page is not meant to represent real-time circumstantial changes to margins.

The orders desk page you've linked in post #3 is meant to more closely represent what you're after. Additionally, if you click on "View margins by market" you can again see the different potential margin levels.

If you have any questions or want to double-check margins and any other account-related items, my colleagues on the Brokerage Support Team are the best resource:
            • BrokerageSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rtwave
            by rtwave

Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
            7 responses