• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

About switching timeframes in the NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About switching timeframes in the NT8

I use NT7 every day for more than 10 years.
    Recently, I decided to try NT8.
    All in all, I admire your product and all the new features.
    But specifically for me there is one critically inconvenient flaw, compared to NT7.

For analysis, I build a 3in1 chart. In one window I have a chart by LastPrice+Bid+Ask.
    For example, it looks like this:
    (white bars - LastPrice, red bars - ask, green bid)

Click image for larger version  Name:	LastBidAsk.png Views:	0 Size:	46.3 KB ID:	1107460

So here. I constantly switch between timeframes and in NT7 it is implemented very conveniently. It is enough just to select a timeframe from the list or write in the chart command line in order for ALL 3 CHARTS in the WINDOW to rebuild according to the new timeframe.

But ... in NT8 this does not work.
    It is impossible to click on anything in the menu or input in the command line so that all 3 charts in the 1 window change. Only the first chart changes, and the other two do not change.
    As a result, in order to change the timeframe on all three charts in one window, I have to go into the Data Series and enter a timeframe for each chart separately. That, as you know, is very inconvenient.

I hope in future versions you can fix it. Thank!
    Last edited by my-trade; 06-30-2020, 05:13 PM.

Hello my-trade,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
      Hello my-tradeThanks in advance for your patience.
      I do not want to become impudent, but these parameters also constantly have to be changed 3 times for each chart, instead of the desired 1 time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ChangeTF_3in1.png Views:	0 Size:	4.5 KB ID:	1107843

I understand that this problem cannot be solved very easily, but it will be food for your mind, for a new concept of the interface.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by asmmbillah, Today, 06:42 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post asmmbillah  
      Started by digibob, 07-08-2020, 03:45 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post johnnymustard