About switching timeframes in the NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About switching timeframes in the NT8

I use NT7 every day for more than 10 years.
    Recently, I decided to try NT8.
    All in all, I admire your product and all the new features.
    But specifically for me there is one critically inconvenient flaw, compared to NT7.

For analysis, I build a 3in1 chart. In one window I have a chart by LastPrice+Bid+Ask.
    For example, it looks like this:
    (white bars - LastPrice, red bars - ask, green bid)

Click image for larger version  Name:	LastBidAsk.png Views:	0 Size:	46.3 KB ID:	1107460

So here. I constantly switch between timeframes and in NT7 it is implemented very conveniently. It is enough just to select a timeframe from the list or write in the chart command line in order for ALL 3 CHARTS in the WINDOW to rebuild according to the new timeframe.

But ... in NT8 this does not work.
    It is impossible to click on anything in the menu or input in the command line so that all 3 charts in the 1 window change. Only the first chart changes, and the other two do not change.
    As a result, in order to change the timeframe on all three charts in one window, I have to go into the Data Series and enter a timeframe for each chart separately. That, as you know, is very inconvenient.

I hope in future versions you can fix it. Thank!
    Last edited by my-trade; 06-30-2020, 05:13 PM.

Hello my-trade,

Thank you for the suggestion.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5418. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 01-12-2022, 03:05 PM.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
      Hello my-tradeThanks in advance for your patience.
      I do not want to become impudent, but these parameters also constantly have to be changed 3 times for each chart, instead of the desired 1 time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ChangeTF_3in1.png Views:	0 Size:	4.5 KB ID:	1107843

I understand that this problem cannot be solved very easily, but it will be food for your mind, for a new concept of the interface.

Comment

Is there already an update to easily switch between different time-frames like 4h to 30min or 5min where charts keep at same time-frame ?
        Thank You!

Comment

There is no update to the feature request being discussed in this original post. If you're adding multiple data series to a single chart tab, you'll need to adjust each data series' settings. More information can be found on working with multiple data series here:In general, you can quickly switch between intervals by typing the desired interval directly into your chart. For example, if you wanted to change your chart from 4 hours (240 minute) to 30 minute, simply begin typing "30M" then press enter on your keyboard. The interval will change as commanded.

This concept is discussed in detail here in the "Changing and Adding Instruments and Intervals with the Keyboard" section:

Comment

Hello Patrick,

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
            There is no update to the feature request being discussed in this original post. If you're adding multiple data series to a single chart tab, you'll need to adjust each data series' settings. More information can be found on working with multiple data series here:In general, you can quickly switch between intervals by typing the desired interval directly into your chart. For example, if you wanted to change your chart from 4 hours (240 minute) to 30 minute, simply begin typing "30M" then press enter on your keyboard. The interval will change as commanded.

This concept is discussed in detail here in the "Changing and Adding Instruments and Intervals with the Keyboard" section:
            Yes, this works as long as you analyze just latest timeframe.
            When you want to analyze the chart data 4 days ago then you always need to scroll back when switching between 240m to 30min (as it will always jump to newest chart data timeframe).

Comment

If you're trying to navigate back in time, there are several ways other than your mouse scroll wheel:You can also right-click on the time scroll bar then choose 'Go to'. This will allow you to select a specific date and time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
              31 responses
              1 like
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
              Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick