Please add ability to join OUTPUT window aside of chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please add ability to join OUTPUT window aside of chart

Request 36 ( #hashtag:wont_be_fixed_but_still_submiting )

We should have an option to link the OUTPUT window aside of any chart , like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	0wwCbcz.png Views:	0 Size:	12.8 KB ID:	1107771

you might say that output window is global and charts are individual, but that is ok.
    we need it to have ability to join with chart window, because at this moment, we have to float those windows and even when we click chart/other window, the OUTPUT window goes behind. that is very frustrating to position windows every time. instead, make them like other platforms have in-one-window.

to avoid any chance for opposite thoughts, that's why i say to make that optional in settings.
    Last edited by ttodua; 07-02-2020, 12:33 PM.

If the issue is simply the Output window going behind other windows when they have focus, you can solve this by right-clicking on the Output window then selecting 'Always on top'. This works for any NinjaTrader window as well.

Comment

Patrick, it's pitty we are getting tradestation support-like answers again...
      well, once again to make you look from the point from where we look.

firstly, we dont want to have that window always on top. we want to put some other windows over that.

secondly,i have mentioned that the HUGE issue is positioning. we have to constantly put multiple windows side by side everytime we move one chart, we have to move output window too.

So, just to repeat again, with one window, things will be uncomparably simple. just please aknowledge what we request and submit ticket.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification.

I am not sure what "tradestation support-like answers" means exactly, but it doesn't sound good. From the information you provided it sounded like this existing feature may have been helpful to you. We have no issues with submitting a feature request for an item that doesn't currently exist (like window-docking), however, we try to do our best to provide an existing solution. I apologize if you feel that my previous answer was dismissive in any way.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1278. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 07-16-2020, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Thanks Patrick.
          1) yes, it doesn't sound good, because it is actually famous fact.
          2) well, yes, the solution you offered (thanks again for that) doesnt address the problem i have been describing (the docking feature)
          thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Davidtowleii  
          Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes