• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gains
    replied
    Try it like this.

"ib"

Include the " " in the search box. I just did it and got 500 results, the max I think.

You can refine the search like this -

"ib" connection

- only put the " " around IB and you will get every post with "IB and connection" in it.

See the picture of the first dozen or so I got.

EDIT: Right I see Jason beat me to it... like Jason said!

Gains
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    You can use "IB" plus any other search term that uses quotations, together.

Leave a comment:

• cunparis
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
    Guys, it's common practice (even on google) to enclose search terms having a white space in between with (double) quotes.
    Yes but what if I'm searching for IB related issues? I'm not going to find it.

Leave a comment:

• Gains
    replied
    True enough and good point.

I always knew doing a search like this, "MB trading" including the quotes of course works but what if you were looking for something that you did not remember the exact quote?

Well I just tried this search WITH " " included...

"mb" "ma"

and it works. A loophole to get past the 2 character minimum.

Thanks for making me find it Dierk.

Gains

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Dierk
    replied
    Guys, it's common practice (even on google) to enclose search terms having a white space in between with (double) quotes.

Leave a comment:

• maxima
    replied
    I just tried Search button from the top toolbar (where UserCT FAQ..). I got:

The search term you specified (MB) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer. If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

Same for Search in the forum button... However ! if you use Advanced Search you can do it.....

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    When I enter "MB Trading" on my end, I do get results.

Do you experience a different outcome?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cunparis
    replied
    I tried to search "MB Trading" but I can't!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Dierk
    replied
    There are popular forum out there imposing the same limitation. We feel it's the best way to protect the community. Thanks for your understanding.

Leave a comment:

• maxima
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
    The 20 secs limitation is to prevent robots attacking our forum. We will not eliminate that limitation for now.
    The forum software I understand is the popular php forum which can be bought and rolled out of the box. You can see this forum pretty much everythere....

I never seen this limitation emposed on other forums. There are tonns of very popular forums with traffic 100 fold over yours.....

What robots? Why dont they attack them?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    You can remove the 03-09 instruments from your instrument list as per the instructions at the link below.

I will forward the suggestion to support a data management tool to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Leave a comment:

• trader65
    replied
    data management tool

imho what Ninza really needs and this should be no 1 priority is a data management-maintanance tool, like Omega's Globalserver....where the user can edit modify delete recorded data...perform stock splits and
    even rollover and backadjust futures data...

regards
    Kon

Leave a comment:

• Harry
    replied
    Another suggestion

When I rollover the futures contracts, I would like to get rid of the old contracts that are no more needed. These increase the size of the data base unnecessarily.

Because this cannot be done, I need to rebuild the data base regularly, which is rather unconvenient.

I think there should be some features in NT to allow the user to modify the database!

Besides today my database was destroyed again. Why is NT so unstable?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_JoshP
    replied
    Harry,

Unfortunately in our numerous tests on multiple machines with your settings we were just unable to even reproduce once. We will be glad to reinvestigate with more information, but at this time we have already looked down the IB.AccountUpdateRequests.ProcessUpdate road and do not believe that to be the cause.

Leave a comment:

• Harry
    replied
    Problem is real and cannot be fixed

Josh, I appreciate that you have tried to help, but unfortunately without any success.

So let me summarize:

- NT hangs about twice a week, when I try to download backfill data
    - a number of other customers have the same problem
    - the problem is not reproducible, which means that under the same conditions it sometimes occurs, and sometimes doesn't

The only information I can provide for is that the problem also occurs during low traffic times, so it is not at all traffic or resource related. Every single time that the problem occurs the trace file shows that the downloading of data for the instruments for the charts or the market analyzer was interrupted by NT performing an IB.AccountUpdatesrequest.ProcessUpdate operation. After this request NT could not continue to update the instruments but was hanging and needed to be shut down.

I do not know why and when NT performs this Account Update, but it may cause the problem.

I also searched the EliteTrader Forum, and somebody who had similar problems(not using IB but Mirus) wrote that he now regularly resets the data base as there was negative interference between executions stored by NT and downloaded from the account.

Please let me know if you further enquire into this.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
24 responses
0 likes
Last Post spwizard  
Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post Max238