Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Each chart will be loaded seperately when using different intervals, so I believe this will not make a difference.

You can find helpful tips to improve the performance of NinjaTrader and reduce resource request at the link below.

Leave a comment:

• Harry
    replied
    How can I have linked charts in two different workspaces? What I might try, is to choose the same lookback period for all charts, because otherwise NT attempts to load the same data several times for each of the charts...

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
    It seems that the total data request and the resources it takes to load and calculate all data is too much at that point in time.

The initial used resources plus the resources it takes to load and calculate all data upon connection seems to be too much.

You could try splitting your current workspace and load it in two attempts.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    It seems that the total data request and the resources it takes to load and calculate all data is too much at that point in time.

The initial used resources plus the resources it takes to load and calculate all data upon connection seems to be too much.

You could try splitting your current workspace and load it in two attempts.

Leave a comment:

• Harry
    replied
    However, the "Saving" problem occurs right after downloading backfill upon connnection, when resource request is still pretty low!

It will take up resources to load the new data requested in the chart and if you have indicators applied on the chart, they will be calculated as well.

Reducing instruments in the Market Analyzer, historical data in charts and setting indicators to Calculate on bar close = true, will reduce resource request and will reduce the chance of a freeze up.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    It will take up resources to load the new data requested in the chart and if you have indicators applied on the chart, they will be calculated as well.

Reducing instruments in the Market Analyzer, historical data in charts and setting indicators to Calculate on bar close = true, will reduce resource request and will reduce the chance of a freeze up.

Leave a comment:

• Harry
    replied
    Have 20 instruments and 5 columns in the market analyzer (Ask, Bid, Last, NetChange and Stochastics). If I change instruments, I change them through 3 window linked charts. The linked charts have different lookback periods. For the 60 min charts I use 120 days, for smaller timeframes I would typically have 60 or 90 days.

I rebuild the data base from time to time to reduce its size. When I connect NT uses about 500 MB. After some time it gradually builds up its resources to 1 GB. Sometimes I shut down NT and reconnect to get back to 500 MB. But this does not seem to be a problem, as my PC has 3 GB of memory and all other applications running are modest compared to NT.

Why does the probability of a crash increase, if I change the instrument of the linked charts before I connect?

Hello Harry,

How many instruments and columns do you have listed in the Market Analyzer?

Am I correct that once you are connected and all data is loaded, you change instruments in one chart that is windowlinked to three other charts?

Try reducing the amount of historical data in the charts and check if this will make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Hello Harry,

How many instruments and columns do you have listed in the Market Analyzer?

Am I correct that once you are connected and all data is loaded, you change instruments in one chart that is windowlinked to three other charts?

Try reducing the amount of historical data in the charts and check if this will make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• Mindset
    replied
    +1

+1 on the IB saving dialogue sticking on forever.
    +1 on the changing symbol - however I have found if you format data series and reduce the days back and / or interval sometimes you can actually get bars back (rofl)

Mine sticks every day at least once.

Leave a comment:

• Harry
    replied
    Daily crashes of NT

I am now used to regular crashes of NT. It is always the same procedure:

Opening NT, charts will be loaded. Connecting to IB. The instument on my 4 connected charts as well as the instruments on the market analyzer will update in mixed order. After updating the instrument on the charts the "Saving" popup will show. Now in 2 out of 3 cases, everything will be alright.

But in 1 out of 3 the "Saving" popup will remain eternally, while nothing happens. The task manager shows that there is no activity behind (processor load is low). Pressing the "Abort" button will produce the "Aborting" popup, which will not disappear again. To get rid of the "Aborting" popup you will have to pretend to close NT, then cancel. Now disconnecting and then closing NT.

After closing down NT (empty desktop) it cannot be restarted, because actually it is still running in the background. So you need to remove NinjaTrader.exe process by brute force using the the task manager.

Now you can restart NT, and usually the second try will work. If the second does not work the third will do. Sometimes I have to reinstall NT or restore the data base to make it run again.

A sure way of crashing NT is to change the instrument shown in the charts before connecting. It is better to first connect and then change instruments after connection.

If things like this did not happen all the time, NT would certainly be the best product available on the market. I am really happy with all its features and capabilities, but why does it need to crash again and again?

Leave a comment:

• Gains
    replied
    I'm just dreaming buddy!

Thanks again for all the hard work.
    Gains

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Dierk
    replied
    Unfortunately there is not nothing scheduled at this time in regards to supporting MONO or providing NT as a true 64bit app.

Leave a comment:

• Gains
    replied
    Oh well, thanks again.

I know it was mentioned earlier the "RAM footprint" will be smaller so I appreciate very much that you are addressing the space concerns in this version.

I guess v8 might make the move to 64 bit code? ;-)
    How about MONO/NET capability down the road too! :-)

Thanks for the answers, I can't wait to get my hands on NT 7.
    Gains

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Dierk
    replied
    32bit process limitations still will apply. AFAIK, they are around 1.6GB RAM still.

Leave a comment:

• Gains
    replied
    Ok, thanks Dierk.

Do you have any insights about whether it will get it's own 4GB space if I have say 8 GB installed? I'm thinking NT does not crash just because it uses more than 1 GB it crashes for 32 bit OS reasons as I mentioned above (or is it below). ;-)

Thanks again for the prompt answer!
    Gains

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Dierk
    replied
    To clarify: NT7 will support 64bit Win OS, but still be a 32bit process -> 32bit limitations still will apply.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post lorem
by lorem

Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
0 responses
0 likes