Chart trader NT8: add entry options for buy/sell stop entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart trader NT8: add entry options for buy/sell stop entries

For momentum traders, entering above or below current price with a buy/sell stop is needed. I've tried to get it custom programmed, only to find out it's a memory hog or something.

It would be great for NT to just add this functionality in chart trader itself.

Just need 2 buttons: Buy Stop and Sell Stop (and ability to adjust the stop and limit levels).

thanks

EDIT: Need this in the actual button area to the right to enter quickly; not right-clicking on the chart itself.
    Last edited by brownsfan019; 12-21-2020, 11:42 AM.

Hello brownsfan019,

Thank you for your note.

This option is already available in the Chart trader, once it's enabled you simply right click in your chart at the price level you would like to place those orders and you'll see your resting order options.

Click image for larger version

Name:	resting orders - chart.png
Views:	529
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	1133254

For more information on placing resting orders please visit the link below:

Please feel free to write in if you need additional assistance.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Heath - I need that functionality where the buttons are. Not on the chart by right clicking as that is too slow, I'm referring to the button area.

Comment

Hello brownsfan019,

Thank you for your note.

We have investigated adding this in the future however, there would not be a way to add a button to the chart trader for placing a resting order without having to manually type into the chart to specify where the order should be placed. This would still be slower than the right click option that was implemented. This change will likely not be implemented as it would change the fundamental design of this window.

If you'd like to quickly submit orders at a specific price. I would recommend looking into order entry for the SuperDOM which allows for quick entry of resting orders, for more information on this please visit the link below:

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Heath View Post
          Hello brownsfan019,

Thank you for your note.

We have investigated adding this in the future however, there would not be a way to add a button to the chart trader for placing a resting order without having to manually type into the chart to specify where the order should be placed. This would still be slower than the right click option that was implemented. This change will likely not be implemented as it would change the fundamental design of this window.

If you'd like to quickly submit orders at a specific price. I would recommend looking into order entry for the SuperDOM which allows for quick entry of resting orders, for more information on this please visit the link below:

That's not entirely true- I have a 3rd party addon that does exactly what I've suggested - but seems to be a conflict w/in NT for some reason. It can be done.

All you need is the ability to send an order above or below the last closing candle per the users settings.

Here's what I have now and it's perfect... if it worked properly. The NT approved programmer has chosen to ignore me and NT support did not care to assist.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12-21-2020 1.04.26 PM.png
Views:	411
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	1133260

The SuperDOM is a good option for futures, it's worthless for stocks w/ the spread constantly moving and jumping. I wanted to use the DOM badly, but it's unusable on TSLA when it's moving dollars at a time and jumping all over in 1 penny increments.

Comment

Hello brownsfan019,

Thank you for your note.

After confirming again with Development they have confirmed that this is not likely to be implemented in the platform as it changes the design of that window, and options for entry already exist.

However as you've created code for this I would recommend writing in to the NinjaScript team so they can provide you resources for troubleshooting your code to improve it, or if you're interested in hiring a third party programmer to refine this I would recommend reaching out to our Vendor support team.

You can reach the NinjaScript team by writing into : ScriptingSupport(at)NinjaTrader(dot)com

You can reach the Vendor Support team for third party service options at: VendorSupport(at)NinjaTrader(dot)com

Comment

Hello brownsfan019,

Thank you for your note.

After confirming again with Development they have confirmed that this is not likely to be implemented in the platform as it changes the design of that window, and options for entry already exist.
              It may 'exist' but it's not practical at all in volatile moving markets. Right clicking on the perfect spot to send a buy/sell stop order before price moves on you in TSLA is almost impossible. I know b/c I've tried. Has anyone in development actually tested out the process of right-clicking and sending a buy/sell stop at 930am when TSLA is moving? If not, should give it a try and see how it works in real trading.

Speaking of development, are these people actual traders using the platform or purely programmers? Does Ninja utilize a feedback panel of power users to get real-time, real-world feedback? I find it interesting how so many parts of Ninja are just poorly designed for an actual trader and how it's not caught in the design and test stages.

Comment

Hello brownsfan019,

Thank you for your note.

I can see you're working with me in a ticket as well to resolve your issues with a third party developer.

However so we can track interest in this feature, I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello brownsfan019,

You can reach the NinjaScript team by writing into : ScriptingSupport(at)NinjaTrader(dot)com

You can reach the Vendor Support team for third party service options at: VendorSupport(at)NinjaTrader(dot)com

Heath - I emailed as you instructed and was told to pay for a 3rd party vendor to work on the script if I want. Not sure what the point of that exercise was.

Comment

Hello brownsfan019,

Thank you for your reply.

We do not troubleshoot third party scripts for clients. As a third party programmer created this script for you, you would need to reach out to them for assistance. If you cannot reach them and have the code that they created for you and retain ownership of this code you would need to hire a different developer to refine or make updates to the code.

You would need to contract a developer to code the changes you want in this addon, or if you're interested in troubleshooting this code yourself, reach out to the NinjaScript team for resources in getting started.

Comment

However as you've created code for this I would recommend writing in to the NinjaScript team so they can provide you resources for troubleshooting your code to improve it,
                      We do not troubleshoot third party scripts for clients.

Comment

Hello brownsfan019,

Thank you for your reply.

There is a distinct difference in these responses. We do not troubleshoot third party scripts for clients.

However if you've access to the code we can provide resources to help you get started troubleshooting them yourself. We will be unable to troubleshoot them for you.

I hope this clarifies. As you are working with me in a ticket please reply there if you would like me to forward a message to the NinjaScript team so they can provide these resources to you.

Thank you I'll await your reply.

Comment

Hello brownsfan019,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4767. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
                          8 responses
                          1 like
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                          Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                          10 responses
                          0 likes